• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    They generally base it on ball ammo (military issue) in regards to bullet weight, if it is a military issued caliber.

True! I know that CZ usually uses Sellier & Bellot 124gr FMJ to sight-in at the factory. It even says what ammo was used on the enclosed test targets.

Clearly, HK used some type of NATO-spec ammo but it would be nice to know which one it is. When did they stop including the test target? Walther still does and so does CZ, with the one notable exception being in the Shadow 2.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    True! I know that CZ usually uses Sellier & Bellot 124gr FMJ to sight-in at the factory. It even says what ammo was used on the enclosed test targets.

Clearly, HK used some type of NATO-spec ammo but it would be nice to know which one it is. When did they stop including the test target? Walther still does and so does CZ, with the one notable exception being in the Shadow 2.
    I'm not sure when they stopped doing that. I know my P2000 didn't have a target with it back in 2006.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Congrats, doc. I'm eager to read what you think about it because I think it's a ridiculously pleasant little gun to shoot.

I've already put about 200 hundred thru my FDE and another 100 this afternoon thru my new-to-me black VP9SK. Absolutely no difference between them, other than color. I just shot kinda lousy today.

I've found that, so far, 124gr projectiles shoot point of aim and 115gr impacts a couple of inches lower at ranges between 7-10 yards. That seems pretty normal? My CZ's perform similarly. So far, I'm getting the best overall accuracy from Winchester White Box 124gr NATO FMJ, with Sellier & Bellot 124gr FMJ a very close-second. That's after a comparison between Geco, CCI Blazer Brass, WWB, S&B and Fiocchi in both 115gr and 124gr varieties. Considering past experience with WWB in other guns, I was a little surprised. WWB is usually meh at best.

As a side note, everything I pushed thru this was 147gr Freedom Munitions. Either RN or HP. Now I kinda wish we took it thru it's paces prior transfer.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    As a side note, everything I pushed thru this was 147gr Freedom Munitions. Either RN or HP. Now I kinda wish we took it thru it's paces prior transfer.

It's interesting to test different 9mm loads to see the differences in performance. I'm not used to saying WWB shot the best in anything I own but it's hard to dispute the results. A friend frequently orders 147gr Freedom 9mm and while it performs well, I've noticed that 124gr seems to do a little better for me.

Glock19Guy

Apr 15, 2017
    I'm torn between a p320 sub compact and the VP9sk. A pro for the p320 is I have the compact size but I love my HKs! ugh!! decisions decisions decisions

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    the 19 and hkvp9sk are nearly the same size. yes, the hk is a well constructed firearm but so is the glock. however, the hk's shorter grip and lower round count are shortfalls. i don't find one better than the other when shooting. so the hk found a new home and cool owner. i'm not gonna lie, the sk is sexier to look at.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    the 19 and hkvp9sk are nearly the same size. yes, the hk is a well constructed firearm but so is the glock. however, the hk's shorter grip and lower round count are shortfalls. i don't find one better than the other when shooting. so the hk found a new home and cool owner. i'm not gonna lie, the sk is sexier to look at.

You'll never see me disparage Glock. They're damn fine pistols and there's a reason why they continue to dominate the striker-fired pistol market above all other brands.

But, like you said, the VP9SK is just smokin' hawt.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Finally got the Lazy Wolf trigger and match spring set installed in the VP9SK. Now if I can only find the red dot I wanna put on it and get all that done, it will be ready for cerakote. Time and money. Time and money.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Finally got the Lazy Wolf trigger and match spring set installed in the VP9SK. Now if I can only find the red dot I wanna put on it and get all that done, it will be ready for cerakote. Time and money. Time and money.

Sounds like it'll be time and money well spent if the project turns out as cool as I think it will. What cerakote color are you considering?

Pmfj

Oct 14, 2018
    Also looking at getting a threaded barrel and this comp. Maybe.

s977620473547721020_p390_i1_w160.jpeg

a4f92f27c0dab62db6c6edbf443732a6.jpg
    1070d2d2ed137dd39af03ed35112b1a1.jpg
    495f4209b299df2ffa40f0bc2833c24c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pmfj

Oct 14, 2018
    I’m gonna pick up an SK and put the laser on it for the ol’lady .

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    a4f92f27c0dab62db6c6edbf443732a6.jpg
    1070d2d2ed137dd39af03ed35112b1a1.jpg
    495f4209b299df2ffa40f0bc2833c24c.jpg

Looks great! My only concern is would the slide be too long or too front heavy for the SK's smaller frame size? That's quite a way off as I still have to find the MRDS I want in stock somewhere and then have the slide inletted the way I want. Then I will decide before I go to cerakote.

Pmfj

Oct 14, 2018
    The Comp is very light. I’m keeping the Comp on the vp9t and I’ll put the Ctc 499g on the vp9sk

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Did you ever get a threaded barrel for the sk? I’m almost certainly going to do the paperwork in the next week and would like to suppress it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not yet. Next up is to get the slide milled when I can find the Holosun MRDS I wanna get in stock anywhere at the price I am willing to pay. Then comes cerakote. Then threaded barrel and comp.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    SeWF73p.jpg

7 yards

Ran a box of Aguila 124gr FMJ thru it last weekend. The six shots that went low and left happened when I tried shooting weak-handed with the flush-fit magazine. Obviously that's something I should practice more often. ;)

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    SeWF73p.jpg

7 yards

Ran a box of Aguila 124gr FMJ thru it last weekend. The six shots that went low and left happened when I tried shooting weak-handed with the flush-fit magazine. Obviously that's something I should practice more often. ;)

Awesome. We all need to practice more offhand shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom