• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Hello all. Due to acquiring a well-paying job in Cecil I'm looking to move into the county from harford so I can minimize my commute.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows about rental properties or cheap/foreclosed small houses in the vicinity of the town of North East. I will be a first time home buyer and thus able to take advantage of all of the benefits that has.

In this situation, given the massive rise in income, buying is highly preferred. I just feel I'm ready to go for it. So, anyone got some hot leads in the 100k or less range?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Hello all. Due to acquiring a well-paying job in Cecil I'm looking to move into the county from harford so I can minimize my commute.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows about rental properties or cheap/foreclosed small houses in the vicinity of the town of North East. I will be a first time home buyer and thus able to take advantage of all of the benefits that has.

In this situation, given the massive rise in income, buying is highly preferred. I just feel I'm ready to go for it. So, anyone got some hot leads in the 100k or less range?

Go a few miles north on 272 and buy in PA

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you are dead set on staying in Maryland look at the Rising Sun area, while not without problems it's a lot better then Northeast as far as crime, drugs, and the drive is not that far. There are plenty of decent houses with small lots about. Chris

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If you are dead set on staying in Maryland look at the Rising Sun area, while not without problems it's a lot better then Northeast as far as crime, drugs, and the drive is not that far. There are plenty of decent houses with small lots about. Chris

This. Join our area. There plenty of room. North East is a booming little town but the drugs are everywhere. There are 2 really crappy neighborhoods right in the middle of everything that goes on in town. Great Main Street, but a lot of drugs and wackos. Especially at the Wal Mart shopping center that backs to Lakeside.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton

Thanks for the tip. I'm fairly set on staying in Cecil although I did consider the PA option. It's just simpler at this point of my life to keep my MD citizenship. As long as I can cut my commute from over an hour down to 20 or so minutes to North East High School all is good.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't discount Delaware either.

Just another option. In my humble opinion, if you're going to be that close to the state line, there's absolutely no reason to think about buying in Maryland.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you want to stay in MD get something over toward Delaware so you can do most of your shopping in sales tax free DE.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Look at Williamsburg Village Newark Delaware right on the border with Maryland but in Delaware 100 to 115 the townhouses but the neighborhood looks nice I know this to that are for sale right now there

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County

+1 for Rising Sun.

jmland

Pro adventua apocalyspi
    Sep 9, 2013
    Recommend staying outside of the "cities"

If you're going to be living in Cecil anyway, take advantage of living in the country. You should be able to get a place in a rural area with a bit of land where you don't have to listen to the neighbors wife screaming on the phone all night long.

Generally speaking, western Cecil county will be more expensive than eastern (or southern) Cecil county.

You pretty much have lots of options as the housing market in Cecil still hasn't fully recovered from the crash, so take your time and try to find exactly what you want.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    House for rent 2528 Appleton Rd, Elkton, MD
    1 mile from PA and 1 mile from DE
    Across the street from a 5,600 acre state park.

13.7 miles from North East HS Google map estimate 23 minutes.

PM me if you want me to get the phone number when I drive by. For rent sign went up about two days ago.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    There's a little house for sale on Irishtown road about a half mile past Elk Neck range going out of North East toward Old Elk Neck rd. I live in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom