• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Can one handed deployment only be accomplished using the hook thingie? I like the speed safe feature on my Kershaws.

It is not spring assisted in any way. It can be opened one handed without using the wave feature. It also has a removable thumb disc that can be used for one handed operation.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    My order showed up today. The first one I opened looked sturdy. One side is g10, clip side is metal with lock for the blade. Finish is decent. Will try to get photos up.

Q

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Got one today too.
    50c3a7dce8703e0df8dbd1e03883e7f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Love mine as well. Been practicing deployment with the wave both with forward and reverse grip. Pretty much intuitive. Very sharp. Good purchase.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    It out of my EDC rotation now. After carrying it almost every day for a month, here's what I think about it now:

- great size, perfectly size for a little knife, doesn't spook anyone when I play with it at work or use it for random chores.
    - found that the wave feature is most useful for a slightly larger knife, that you may want to be able to deploy faster (i.e. for possible self defense, or if you are in a real hurry to open a letter. LOL)
    - I ended up pretty much only using the disk shaped thumb stud, and deep pocket carry, didn't like it clipped to my pocket
    - the tip is an interesting, not a real tanto, more pointy, looks grew on me, but like it better than some other blade shapes
    - dig the blade shape, easy to sharpen, but not quite as easy as the Lawman
    - its a little heavier than I was expecting, full metal handle on one side and metal/textured plastic on the other (feels strong)
    - its size is just small enough that you could probably take it into a federal building (although I think it is technically just a tad longer than approved (less than 2.5")
    - feels great in the hand, but I like the finger grooves of the Cold Steel Lawman a little better, feels a little grippier
    - like that you can put your thumb on the opening disk while using it to give extra leverage/strength while cutting; rather than just putting your thumb on the back of a thin blade (very cool feature!)

* compared to my other favorite knife in this size - Cold Steel Mini Lawman; its equally as nice. But I think the triad lock on the Lawman is probably stronger, the Lawman is slightly lighter, and slightly shorter blade (so it meets the ok for federal buildings rule)
    * fantastic price! In this regard, beats the Lawman hands down; and looks better than the Lawman too.

Very, very happy with this knife. Have taken it out of my EDC rotation for now.

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    This is a fantastic little knife for the price. I have One of the larger models, but may have to get one of these of Amazon.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've been using the hell out of mine. So far so good :thumbsup:

Awesome!

I just joined this knife drop as well: http://dro.ps/b/bwTfx79/l

4036blk_clipside-closed_1020x400_20170825095713.jpg

pcbanner_20170825095713.jpg

Here's my logic...

It looks like a simple key chain tool, not a knife, so might pass first glance. Second, its a folder, and at 1.6" well under the federal building limit of 2.5", so legal anywhere except an airplane. Lastly because its a friction folder, its stronger than most any folding knife, and looks so unassuming. At $15 its a bargin, like the Kershaw knife, only not as fast to open and not a pointy blade, and about an inch smaller... ok the Kershaw was a better deal. :D

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Awesome!

I just joined this knife drop as well: http://dro.ps/b/bwTfx79/l

Here's my logic...

It looks like a simple key chain tool, not a knife, so might pass first glance. Second, its a folder, and at 1.6" well under the federal building limit of 2.5", so legal anywhere except an airplane. Lastly because its a friction folder, its stronger than most any folding knife, and looks so unassuming. At $15 its a bargin, like the Kershaw knife, only not as fast to open and not a pointy blade, and about an inch smaller... ok the Kershaw was a better deal. :D

that one looks great for opening boxes, not so great at defense or anything that requires a firm grip. It might be useful if the guy attacking you had a bottle cap he needed help with or some twine. JK ... sort of.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I've been using the hell out of mine. So far so good :thumbsup:

I bought that one also. I still like my leek for EDC. I've tried using it as a EDC, but it just doesnt feel right to me. I like its size for an EDC, but there is just something about my leek I like better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom