• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I own one. A stoeger cougar 8040 . The company is owned by beretta and was concieved to keep berettas old models in production. They even went so far as to ship the machines and tooling to turkey to produce them. It is a beretta in every way but the name. The parts are interchangeable as well. If you watch a beretta review it can be taken that the same is true for stoegers.

Of course the beretta name garners more money for the same gun and now more so that beretta no longer makes them but otherwise are identical.

I like mine. Never had a issue with it in the last 2 years I have owned it.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have a 3500 for waterfowl. Never missed a beat, have also taken it to shoot clays just to see if it would cycle light target loads and not an issue. I did clean when first purchased to get all of the packing grease off and proper lube on. The stock did come loose after a punishing goose hunt but placed a little loctite on the bolt and has not happened again.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I've owned two Stoeger sibe-by-sides; the Uplander and, now, the Coach Gun. Bot are quality products, easy to slick up. I've had no issues and expect none.

Stoeger is to Benelli as Chevy is to Cadillac.

Last edited:

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I think I paid $120 for a coach gun, that's what you get. It does what it is supposed to do ...

StoegerCondorSxSEnglish.gif

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    I have a Cougar 9mm and my brother has an M3500. Both have several thousand rounds through them without a single issue. Excellent quality and reliability.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I paid $400 for my Condor 12ga and take it trap shooting all the time. Never had a problem. I've only put 700 rounds through it though.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I've been looking for a Condor and have yet to hear anything negative. Can't seem to locate one locally though.

I have one and after a few thousand shells I started havering issue with the top barrel not fireing. My friend bought one around the same time as me and has not had an issue.

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    My only personal experience was trying to look at a new O/U but couldn't get the action open, nor could the store rep. Have had much counsel that they often have to be returned to the factory a time or two to fix things. But I've also talked to people who have used them heavily at the range with never any problem. I've concluded it depends on the luck of the draw.

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    a buddy has over under he uses for crows was stiff when new to break open but now works nice

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    You might want to check out youtube reviews - you'll see, there are good and bad experiences with several firearms including Stoeger.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Stoeger actually still produces barrels for some lower-end Beretta guns such as the 3901 and A300. Fit and finish isn't as nice as the Italian stuff, but still good quality.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    My wife has a Stoegor Condor in 20ga as her skeet gun. She's still very new to the world of shooting but having a reliable, inexpensive O/U has made her very enthusiastic about shooting. Probably about 500rds through it in the 8mos she's had it and no problems yet.

denjak

Mar 4, 2013
    Stoeger 3000

Bought a Stoeger 3000 a few years ago, I've had thousands of rounds through it shooting wobble and sporting clays, never had an issue, it takes a little breaking in though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom