• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CruncherBlock

Mar 29, 2016
    Is there anyone really good at bluing/restoration work in Central Maryland?

Side question. I have been speaking with a seller on Gunbroker. Is it appropriate to ask a seller on Gunbroker what his reserve price is and attempt to negotiate a sale during an auction in progress?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Side question. I have been speaking with a seller on Gunbroker. Is it appropriate to ask a seller on Gunbroker what his reserve price is and attempt to negotiate a sale during an auction in progress?

Can’t help with the gunsmith, but I’ll ask for the reserve amount or try to haggle with sellers on Gunbroker occasionally. Gunbroker “frowns” on it but they can’t really enforce it unless the seller ends an auction with bids on it.

Jul 1, 2012
    Can't help on the resto question either, other than to say carefully evaluate whether or not to do it, as some pieces may be much more valuable "as-is" than restored.

GB (or Auction Arms, etc)...

There's nothing wrong with asking the reserve price, unless the seller specifically says not to ask (many do indeed say that).

Seller can end an auction with bids as long as the reserve isn't met...
    but if there are bids below reserve, ending early is not too cool (but it's on the seller for doing the "wrong" thing).
    Once reserve is met, or a non-reserve with bids, the auction can't be ended early.

If no bids, ain't no harm in asking, baby.
    When selling, I usually don't entertain off-the-books haggling/offers as it usually devolves into a nightmare.
    I have added a BuyNow a few times for folks that made offers and that saves a lot of hassle.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Can't help on the resto question either, other than to say carefully evaluate whether or not to do it, as some pieces may be much more valuable "as-is" than restored.

GB (or Auction Arms, etc)...

There's nothing wrong with asking the reserve price, unless the seller specifically says not to ask (many do indeed say that).

Seller can end an auction with bids as long as the reserve isn't met...
    but if there are bids below reserve, ending early is not too cool (but it's on the seller for doing the "wrong" thing).
    Once reserve is met, or a non-reserve with bids, the auction can't be ended early.

If no bids, ain't no harm in asking, baby.
    When selling, I usually don't entertain off-the-books haggling/offers as it usually devolves into a nightmare.
    I have added a BuyNow a few times for folks that made offers and that saves a lot of hassle.

+1
    If you want to learn how to list an item for sale on GB this is the man to learn from. His for sale listings are textbook perfect IMHO. Everything important laid out clearly, great photos, complete disclosure, no hiding anything (buyer is gonna find out anyway so why do this? all too many sellers think they can get away with lies of omission, doesn't work). Wish everyone would take the time to learn from somd_mustang's listings and apply them. Make the firearm collecting world an easier place to navigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom