• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I am thinking about getting one and wanted opinions.
    Worth it?
    Scope or red dot?
    Recommended set up/options?
    Thanks.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    They are neat, I think red dot is the way to go. Fun gun but can't say it fits a need for me (not that you shouldn't buy one).

Accurate and you have the 10/22 fam of parts for them.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    My local shop had a charger in stock the other day and I've been wondering the same thing. If Copper Custom had the pistol brace adapter in stock I would probably own one by now.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I have one and it has a Kidd threaded 6-inch barrel and a red dot sight. Changed the magazine release as well and put in a trigger I had from another 10/22.

Got it in a trade and did not want it but after I tried it loved it and got rid of my 10/22 rifles. It is a gun I bring out with new shooters that always puts a smile on new shooter face. Something about not having to support the gun gives new shooters confidence.

As a matter of fact, the Charger and a Ruger Super single six has converted a few anti-gunner friends I have into shooting fans.

Hope it helps

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    The Ruger Charger's considered a handgun in Maryland. Is it so considered everywhere?

I have one and love it, though I wish it came in stainless. I've been thinking of having mine hard chromed by Mahovsky's. It fits in a backpack with a red dot scope on it. Plus it takes monster mags. Another really cool gun is the Henry AR-7, a cool little rifle that folds up in a neat package. I love the Charger though and think it would make a great survival gun. It has all the reliability of a 10/22, which it essentially is.

Now if I could only find it.... I know I left it around here somewhere. I think I hid it from Alexandra Oscasio-Cortez. So yes, get one. They are super cool.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    just bought one just for one. i was supposed to pick it up today but this damn snow ....gonna pick it up tomorrow. first president day slowed a day and now this snow..

its been like 10 days since i did paper work lol

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The Ruger Charger is a fun range gun. Ruger's 10/22 platform works well.
    Regarding optics, I've tried both red dots and adjustable zoom scopes. The pistol's accuracy range is limited so IMHO it's more the quality of the ammo and shooter proficiency than glass.

I agree with what's been said - "Excellent gun. Every one should own one."

But, then again, I am a known enabler...

:innocent0

Attachments

• Ruger Charger R - Scope Snip.jpg
      Ruger Charger R - Scope Snip.jpg
      38.6 KB · Views: 120
    • Ruger Charger R.jpg
      Ruger Charger R.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 116

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The Ruger Charger is a fun range gun. Ruger's 10/22 platform works well.
    Regarding optics, I've tried both red dots and adjustable zoom scopes. The pistol's accuracy range is limited so IMHO it's more the quality of the ammo and shooter proficiency than glass.

I agree with what's been said - "Excellent gun. Every one should own one."

But, then again, I am a known enabler...

:innocent0

Sorry to hear the shooter proficiency bit because, well, it's me. :)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Still thinking it over and leaning pro and doing copper custom adapter, folding adapter, kak tube and shockwave brace.

Anybody out there with this set up or similar?
    Suggestions?

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I saw one in a gun store in Gettysburg for $235 and got real sad that I could not pick it up then. But I am looking to get one and the copper customs brace adapter. That sounds super fun. Do you folks think that it is worth the extra money to buy the take down version?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I saw one in a gun store in Gettysburg for $235 and got real sad that I could not pick it up then. But I am looking to get one and the copper customs brace adapter. That sounds super fun. Do you folks think that it is worth the extra money to buy the take down version?

I have the Copper custom ordered; will post a report later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom