• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    UPDATE: The Form 1 went Pending on 8/23 and the examiner is Dana Pickles. He is pretty fast (I hope).

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK while I am still waiting on Gemtech to get my Multimount to my dealer and waiting for Mr ATF to approve my Form 1, I went and spent some more money and I am not also getting an LRM Integrally Suppressed 9mm Upper. Only 100 rnds through it.

Will take photos of everything as I get it together.

Dave

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    OK while I am still waiting on Gemtech to get my Multimount to my dealer and waiting for Mr ATF to approve my Form 1, I went and spent some more money and I am not also getting an LRM Integrally Suppressed 9mm Upper. Only 100 rnds through it.

Will take photos of everything as I get it together.

Dave

Congratulations. It's always nice to have options!

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Congratulations. It's always nice to have options!

Yeah and it is your fault my kid will not be going to college. :innocent0

Cant wait to test the two side by side. You can use soound meters all you want and I like to see the results but everyone's hearing is different so I cant wait to hear the difference in the two.

Does anyone know the barrel length of the LRM?

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK Update on the build. My Form 1 came in and the Gemtech Talon Upper came out. Man that thing is short. 7.5" barrel. I am going to start assembling this thing in the next day or so. Will publish pics as I work on it explaining each piece I use.

Feel free to chime in on suggestions for alternate pieces as I post.

Dave

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Here is one to get your creative juices going.
    Runs like a well oiled sewing machine.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Me want!!!!

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Me building. :lol: Hopefully will start putting together this weekend with pics. Although the upper is still at dealer and Form 4 is at BATF I can at least get the lower built out.

Dave

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    LOL! My SBR lower is down at Engage and BATF has the forms.... long wait ahead for me on that one.

I'd really like to find that mag well adapter block. I've been searching the web but have had zero luck. It looks like a quality piece and lord knows I have tons of uzi mags....

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    LOL! My SBR lower is down at Engage and BATF has the forms.... long wait ahead for me on that one.

I'd really like to find that mag well adapter block. I've been searching the web but have had zero luck. It looks like a quality piece and lord knows I have tons of uzi mags....

Found mine on AR15.com but sometimes they are on gunbroker or classifieds here. Several companies make them but when I searched they were all on back-order. If I see any I will PM you.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK Have all the parts to put my 9mm SBR together. It will not be a quiet build until the Form 4's come back from father BATFE. Until then I can at least get the basic rifle built.

Spike's Tacticool Zombie lower (had to have some fun so I went there :) )
    Gemtech Talon Upper (7.5" barrel)
    CMMG Ramped bolt
    Standard LPK or McCormick Drop In Trigger Pack (not sure how the pack works with bolt)
    SSAR Bump Fire Stock (will see if i like it, if not will change to Magpul MOE stock)
    EOTech holo site - (Provided it is still available for purchase.)

Yes I know I need pics. Family stuff got in the way of taking them this weekend. Working on it.

Once can is approved will run 115, 124, 147, and 158gr loads through it to see how it performs and how quiet it is.

Dave

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Once can is approved will run 115, 124, 147, and 158gr loads through it to see how it performs and how quiet it is.

I generally run 115gr PMC or CCI Blazer... or 147gr Winchester FMJ through mine.
    The 147 is noticeably quieter as it is subsonic, but she has a report so I still wear ear-pro. :)

Enjoy!

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    The LRM upper I have says 115 and 124gr only. It says it can take it subsonic. We will see. It says to stay away from 147 and 158 so i will test all 4 on my Gemtech and see how they do.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK well I have the 9mm Frank-N-Build put together. Will post pics shortly. I apologize for not posting pics yet but family issues have gotten in the way of this build. Had to do it real quick as I had a chance to try it out over the weekend so I stayed up late to get it put together real quick.

Unfortunately a friend dropped the entire gun nose first on a concrete floor last night and may have bent the hand guard slightly. The barrel does not sit center of the handguard anymore. Not sure how to fix it yet.

I can say the bumpfire stock works AWESOME though. Cant wait to add a can onto this.

Dave

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Unfortunately a friend dropped the entire gun nose first on a concrete floor last night and may have bent the hand guard slightly. The barrel does not sit center of the handguard anymore.

Ouch. :shocked4:
    That is not good. Time to tear her down and make sure nothing else is damaged before you try to shoot it.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Ouch. :shocked4:
    That is not good. Time to tear her down and make sure nothing else is damaged before you try to shoot it.

Yeah that is next. My worst fear is the barrel got bent. My thought is the handguard may have gotten tweaked a bit as it did fall on the front corner of the handguard.

Time and a complete tear down will tell.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Anyone looking for a complete 9mm SBR upper? Here's one on AR15.com. $550. It says trade pending, but if you read down, it is still available.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_118/955423_5_5_9mm_upper___.html

Sweet. Gemtech Taalon I have used to come in a 5" barrel lenght however they found that the 7.5" length worked better with the Multimount and Trinity cans.

Looks nice though. Got mine fixed just need to lube it a bit and give it a good shake down.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom