• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Here is a list provided by the White House of the 23 executive actions President Obama plans to take to reduce gun violence in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., massacre:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obamas-23-planned-executive-actions-on-guns

#2 - Here we go with using Obamacare as a gun tracking tool.

#3 - Incentives? This likely means withholding federal $ from states that don't comply.

#4 - Catagories of individuals? Are you F'ing kidding me? That is the most unconstitutional item in all of this. Will those catagories include potential domestic threats such as veterans and religeous fundamentalists?

#7 - Like the ones the NRA has?

#8 - Make storage conditions such that you can't use arms in defense of your own home.

#14 - Really? Here come the thought police.

#16 - see #2

corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    Why don't they make illegal aliens illegal.. instead we give them a drivers license, schooling, and free room and board..

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    Reagan's call was for select fire weapons, not semi-auto.

Reagan was a co-signatory to a letter from he, Carter, and Ford in 1994.......Oddly enough, liberals insist he was suffering from Alzheimer's as early as 1984.

Bastards can't just make a coherent, fact-based argument for what they want. I'm disgusted by this.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I can't say I disagree with everything listed there.

I have to agree with you. I've not heard the actual speech, I will later, but many of the 23 EO's I briefly scanned don't look particularly extreme. Of course, these will require further study.

I do think the actions taken by NY State are nuts.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    I wonder why the president didn't read one of my letters?

Oh, because I'm old enough and educated enough to make a coherent argument and can't be used as an emotional bludgeon to beat down real common sense.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    What a POS, I didn't trust the government before but now I'm just waiting for them to fire up the ovens. I'm not giving them shit, not one inch, I'm done with all this compromise bull. Impeach and send HIM to gitmo, along with the rest of his team on the charge of treason.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Sorry but I don't see 23 EO's. I see a bunch of "suggestions" and maybe an EO stuck in here and there.

Whatever the case may be I hope the good Gentleman from Texas will start the Impeachment procedings ASAP!!!!!! He's got my vote.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    So we have useful idiots on here who (for whatever reason) think that compromise and sacrificing our freedoms is the answer to the problem with "crazy" people and criminals getting guns. If you are that deluded, seriously, you need to step away from your keyboard now!

Registration ALWAYS leaves the door wide open for confiscation. The know where to look for you and they will slowly kill you with a thousand small cuts. Keep compromising away your freedom, but don't whine about it later. You will if you do compromise with these clowns.

There is NO reason for a free person to sacrifice their liberty to a government because another person chose to act in a manner that was completely abhorrent and anti-social. Sacrificing my freedoms will not stop that kind of person in the future, it won't prevent further tragedy, and treats me as if I am the problem, the criminal responsible for these heinous acts.

I do not accept that completely flawed logic. People who aim to harm others will continue to do so. Norway has strong licensing and registration laws, did that help the 69 people killed by a rifle and a nut who was behind it and two bombing that killed additional people? No... Well what do you think is going to happen here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom