• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I know the Bushmaster ACR has been around a while. So did FSA ban the ACR or is it GTG. It having the name Bushmaster probably gives it 1 strike against it, it sort looks like an AR so that could be strike 2.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    What an effin travesty, probably not banned if it was made by rainbow and cute kitten gunmakers. If I read that right it is only banned because its a bushmaster semi auto...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What an effin travesty, probably not banned if it was made by rainbow and cute kitten gunmakers. If I read that right it is only banned because its a bushmaster semi auto...

That's the interpretation the MSP is rolling with.

Great gun, so it's a shame. Shoots well, is light, and looks kick ass. Wish they weren't so damn expensive back when the gun grab was going on in 2013.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I am surprised that bushmaster has not filed a lawsuit against Maryland for this nonsense. Banning the sale of a product based on the manufacturers name alone. I understand that it was supposed to be on the "bushmaster rifle" and not the manufacturer but, it has been interpreted as a ban of the manufacturer by MSP. It seems like this would be a slam dunk lawsuit for loss of revenue in Maryland when you can buy the same product under 100 different other manufacturers names.
    Maybe one of our 2A advocacy groups could reach out to bushmaster and take this up as a way to help raise some funds from the lawsuit.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am surprised that bushmaster has not filed a lawsuit against Maryland for this nonsense. Banning the sale of a product based on the manufacturers name alone. I understand that it was supposed to be on the "bushmaster rifle" and not the manufacturer but, it has been interpreted as a ban of the manufacturer by MSP. It seems like this would be a slam dunk lawsuit for loss of revenue in Maryland when you can buy the same product under 100 different other manufacturers names.
    Maybe one of our 2A advocacy groups could reach out to bushmaster and take this up as a way to help raise some funds from the lawsuit.

They were contacted about his back in 2013, and decided that MDers did not could enough for them to bother.

F them, I will buy from someone who has a more positive view about all firearms rights.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    They were contacted about his back in 2013, and decided that MDers did not could enough for them to bother.

F them, I will buy from someone who has a more positive view about all firearms rights.

Makes sense to me. In a Free Market is the ROI (going to court) be worth while. If they sold 50 a year at $2000 a pop and make 10% on each gun is $10K worth the thousands that may be lost in court.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Might as well cross Rock River and Springfield off the list as well, they sold out Illinois gun-owners for a manufacturer exemption.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    If you like the ACR and just have to have it, that does suck. They are not in known to be cheap and mods are few and far between. I wanted one a long time back, but BM& Remington dragged their feet. I'd look at SCAR or LWRC.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    ACR was a great idea when Magpul Masada started it... fast forward to 2018 I think there are a lot just as good or better options out.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Could always ask Magpul to make the Masada for you with a muzzle brake. Hell, Magpul let Bushmaster make it on the understanding that it would be a sub-$800 gun, but Bushmaster mucked it up and here we are with a gun that costs 2 times as much as it should and has worse accuracy than the Masada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom