Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 14th, 2019, 05:45 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by somd_mustangs View Post
Fat Scottyís prices are ridiculous. If he can get that much for that one more power to him though.

The one I got out of Louís collection is 10 times nicer than that one. It doesnít have the welded muzzle extension like the one linked either.

Like Ken said, itís unfortunately one of the rifles Interarms scrubbed and remarked G33/50. Kinda kills most of the collectible value but itís probably a very nice shooter.
MilsurpDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 10:58 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman93 View Post
It looks like a much nicer collection than what you usually see when a non gun person has questions about guns that they inherited. It just seems so strange to me that someone's father would have a nice collection of rifles and yet they know nothing about them.
Ha, I agree! I thought the same thing, but I was asked to help so I'm doing my best to do so... I honestly expected to see run of the mill hunting rifles when I was told "old rifles". Nothing like this. That said, it's been fun trying to figure out what some of these are just based on the pictures provided. I've learned alot myself.

I'm not sure of the relationship and honestly get the feeling that they are going to want to sell them.

I have the rest of the pictures. I should have them all up by tomorrow morning.

Appreciate everyone's input and help. Some more interesting ones to come...
ZeroCool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 11:08 PM #23

Fourth Rifle

Pretty sure that this is a sporterized Arisaka of some kind. I think that there are different models, though, so any further information (and value estimation) would be greatly appreciated.

Again, really sucks that this and the 1903 were modified...

Old June 14th, 2019, 11:19 PM #24

Fifth Rifle

This one a bit more obvious but thought I'd show it anyway since my research shows that it's not super common. H&R "Shikari" 45-70.

From what I read, these aren't particularly desirable. Seems like most people ended up with them just because they found them in a pawn shop for under $200.

I think this gun is pretty darn beautiful myself - if he ends up selling I may make an offer.

Old June 14th, 2019, 11:32 PM #25

Sixth Rifle

Assuming this is a VZ24 based on the receiver markings...

Stock and receiver serial match (except stock has a "C" in front of it). Other than that, I know pretty little about these. They appear to be in the $400-600 range at the online auction sites.

As always, any additional information (or corrections) worth noting would be appreciated.

Old June 15th, 2019, 12:22 AM #26

Seventh Rifle

It took some google-fu, but I think that this one is an Alex Hoyer custom rifle in 7mm mag. From what I can find, Mr. Hoyer was a very well respected smith/long range shooter in the 60s/70s out of PA.

Provided the above is even accurate, I dont know much more about it. Does anyone know what the action type is and how old it may be? Even though it has wear and tear, the wood on the stock is straight up gorgeous in my opinion.

Scope also seems like it has collectors value - Zeiss Zielvier. I dont know a lot about old scopes but this one has an earlier serial number and is in better shape than ones I see listed for ~$400 on ebay.

No idea what to even swag on value for this. Seems Hoyer's work is respected, but not particularly sought after. Google shows people picking up his rifles in the $500 range not even knowing what they are.

Any thoughts on value as a package would be appreciated!

Old June 15th, 2019, 12:48 AM #27
-----

-----

As you surmised, the 4th rifle is a sporterized Arisaka Type 99. Can't tell from pics what's been monkeyed with beyond the stock.
If you look on the left side of receiver, the markings tell you a lot, e.g. which series, the S/N, and which arsenal made it. Can go from there to figure out what should be on the rifle (A/A sights, etc). If the bolt parts still match it may actually be not tragic.

BTW two thumbs-up on the judicious use of day-glo orange feet
Attached Images

somd_mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 12:57 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by somd_mustangs View Post
As you surmised, the 4th rifle is a sporterized Arisaka Type 99. Can't tell from pics what's been monkeyed with beyond the stock.
If you look on the left side of receiver, the markings tell you a lot, e.g. which series, the S/N, and which arsenal made it. Can go from there to figure out what should be on the rifle (A/A sights, etc). If the bolt parts still match it may actually be not tragic.

BTW two thumbs-up on the judicious use of day-glo orange feet

Thank you for the additional info! Here is the side of the receiver. Looks like S/N is 217xx. Again, not my rifle so hesitant to post full S/N.

Not sure if this is helpful or not. I dont have any pics of the bolt parts...

Old June 15th, 2019, 01:16 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilsurpDan View Post
Fat Scottyís prices are ridiculous. If he can get that much for that one more power to him though.

The one I got out of Louís collection is 10 times nicer than that one. It doesnít have the welded muzzle extension like the one linked either.

Like Ken said, itís unfortunately one of the rifles Interarms scrubbed and remarked G33/50. Kinda kills most of the collectible value but itís probably a very nice shooter.
Wow I never knew he existed but looking at that grade C Longbranch Enfield he has and what he wants doubt we will ever do business. Don't mind people making money but that's nuts.
Jimbob2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 01:45 AM #30
-----

-----

There's folks here that know more than me about these but I'm guessing that's a 6th Series Type 99 made at Nagoya Arsenal (Toriimatsu Factory).

Whatever it may be, doing some Photoshop magic, it looks like an original stock that's just been chopped (maybe a "duffle cut" to get it home), with original front and rear sights intact and possibly the original metal finish. In other words, not really "sporterized", just cut.

If I had to take a swag, value is probably $200-300-ish (parts recovery).
Attached Images

somd_mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)