Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 16th, 2019, 08:23 AM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDefender View Post
Could you have your wife sign over all her firearms/ammo? Then get a steel gun cabinet and ammo cabinet. I would then put all firearms/ammo in them. You keep the only key. I personally, don't care about the use of medical cannabis, for medical reasons. Issued under a doctors care of course. I think cannabis use for personal consumption has a few issues, its not like alcohol. I'm also concerned about what will be next, people are already want stronger stuff to be made legal.
You mean in the sense that unlike alcohol it doesn't kill ~80,000 people annually?

Alcohol and nicotine should be illegal. By that I mean, if the standard is what is "dangerous" and destructive to use and what kills totally innocent bystanders. Both are physically addictive and cause far more misery and expense.
PJDiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:30 AM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDiesel View Post
You mean in the sense that unlike alcohol it doesn't kill ~80,000 people annually?

Alcohol and nicotine should be illegal. By that I mean, if the standard is what is "dangerous" and destructive to use and what kills totally innocent bystanders. Both are physically addictive and cause far more misery and expense.
No... In the sense, one drinks from a container (glass, bottle, etc), the other is ingested via a gas and the exhale, still a gas, contains the drug. Kinda like cigarettes, pipes etc. So maybe there needs to be special place to use the drug. Public makes it very hard for smokers these days.
TexDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:35 AM #23

IANAL

On the question of constructive possession, a safe in home (even if she does NOT have the combo) will not suffice. Maryland appears to take an extremely liberal interpretation of constructive possession.

The only safe way for your colleague to proceed is to vault with an approved entity completely outside the home and never bring the weapons to the residence. Further, they should never travel together if he has the weapon, any ammo, or any magazines. This also includes staying in hotels. Maryland could determine those circumstances as constructive possession as well.

It might also be useful if she discontinues any memberships to ranges / gun clubs / other entities that show an ongoing interest in firearms.

I realize this is all waaaaay tinfoil hat paranoid - we live in Maryland. Everyone here knows what 2A folks are up against.

I sorry for your colleague’s wife’s circumstance. I hope she recovers to full health soonest.
Maryland Rifle Club member
NRA Lifetime Member

Last edited by DD989; May 16th, 2019 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Fixed to reflect we are taking about a forum member’s coworker
DD989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:39 AM #24

Quote:
No... In the sense, one drinks from a container (glass, bottle, etc), the other is ingested via a gas and the exhale, still a gas, contains the drug. Kinda like cigarettes, pipes etc. So maybe there needs to be special place to use the drug. Public makes it very hard for smokers these days.
There is no need to "smoke" Cannabis any longer..... There are several ways to ingest.
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:45 AM #25

Quote:
There is no need to "smoke" Cannabis any longer..... There are several ways to ingest.
Great, as long as it is not in a form that can be transmitted to another person against their will or as long as they don't drive, use heavy machinery, etc. But I'm a fan of the heaver stuff.
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:52 AM #26

Quote:
Great, as long as it is not in a form that can be transmitted to another person against their will or as long as they don't drive, use heavy machinery, etc. But I'm a fan of the heaver stuff.
I'm not sure what "heavier" exactly means.

A grown/healthy male can begin to consume ~90 proof alcohol in 1.5oz doses every 5 minutes. Within an hour he will fully useless both mentally and physically, within two hours that person will likely die from the consumption.

Now,... your turn. Lay out that same example using Marijuana. Should be easy right? if you consume enough you'll become ill, throw up,........die?

Right?

.....Wrong.

There IS such a thing as alcohol overdose (that can lead to death).
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:55 AM #27

MDS Cage Match!!

vs.
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:03 AM #28

Quote:
I'm not sure what "heavier" exactly means.

A grown/healthy male can begin to consume ~90 proof alcohol in 1.5oz doses every 5 minutes. Within an hour he will fully useless both mentally and physically, within two hours that person will likely die from the consumption.

Now,... your turn. Lay out that same example using Marijuana. Should be easy right? if you consume enough you'll become ill, throw up,........die?

Right?

.....Wrong.

There IS such a thing as alcohol overdose (that can lead to death).
You need to chill, your barking up the wrong tree. I'm not after or against your Marijuana. I don't need a lecture about the virtues of Marijuana. In fact, I welcome it, and hope it is taxed as heavily as cigarettes. Heaver stuff are things such as but not limited to: Magic Mushrooms, heroin, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, benzodiazepines, alprazolam, flunitrazepam , clonazepam, lorazepam, methamphetamine, cocaine, etc. If you have a problem with that we will just have to disagree.
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:04 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
MDS Cage Match!!

vs.
There is no Cage Match. He/she is being over sensitive.
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:06 AM #30

Better off getting it illegally. Possession is decriminalized, you just have to pay a fine if caught

Marbury vs. Madison
GrimReaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues