• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    I use EZ House Wash. Same idea.

The one side of my house can get pretty bad but this stuff cleans it up nicely and it looks better over time. I didn't have to touch it this year.

I used this this year, too. Good results so far. Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot carry it

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    There are long extensions that have a downward angled head so that it sprays down, instead of up and under the vinyl.

Pretty sure I have one laying around I never even used that’s free to a good home (or a bad one I don’t care) paid around $150 for it several years ago, telescoping fiberglass

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Doing a wash project this week. PM sent. Thanks.

Sorry Rack, I saw your PM late one day after getting home from work and forgot to PM you back. Beyond tired lately (trying to drag my tired body thru these final weeks of the washing season) which is why I’ve hardly been on here, not nearly as much as I’d like.
    Also all the way up here in HarCo, would have to figure out getting that extension over to you if you still want it.
    Although I’ll be in Pasadena for a house wash and some wood restoration tomorrow..regardless if there is anything you ever need cleaned, would be a pleasure to help you out for all that you’ve done for this community

https://aluminumsulfate.net/aluminum-nitrate

-Rob

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sorry Rack, I saw your PM late one day after getting home from work and forgot to PM you back. Beyond tired lately (trying to drag my tired body thru these final weeks of the washing season) which is why I’ve hardly been on here, not nearly as much as I’d like.
    Also all the way up here in HarCo, would have to figure out getting that extension over to you if you still want it.
    Although I’ll be in Pasadena for a house wash and some wood restoration tomorrow..regardless if there is anything you ever need cleaned, would be a pleasure to help you out for all that you’ve done for this community

https://aluminumsulfate.net/aluminum-nitrate

-Rob

Thank you Rob! PM on the way. I am in Annapolis today and tomorrow for medical stuff., and then back again Sunday if Monday.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I know, older thread....but I have to say....

I use EZ House Wash. Same idea.

Now I will be using EZ House Wash. Tried it this past week and was absolutely amazed at how well it worked. No problem getting to the top of the roof line. No ladder needed. The spray thing on the bottle produced plenty of water pressure. It took me about an hour to do what took all day with a power washer.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I know, older thread....but I have to say....

Now I will be using EZ House Wash. Tried it this past week and was absolutely amazed at how well it worked. No problem getting to the top of the roof line. No ladder needed. The spray thing on the bottle produced plenty of water pressure. It took me about an hour to do what took all day with a power washer.

That stuff works and it's relatively inexpensive. Glad it worked out for you.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    No idea. I've only used it on siding and plastic railing.

I've never heard of it before this thread but it's cheap enough that I might give it a shot. If it doesn't work I'm sure I can find something else to use it on.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I used some spray and forget (hose attachment) on 2 properties a couple weeks ago. One had algea on the side and also on the roof.
    One of the properties had the spongy moss on the roof all over the place last spring. Applied in the spring and by the fall it was all gone.
    2 years later I applied it again for what little was there. They have a roof version so used that. If you see roofs with the black streaks on them, it has done a good job of getting rid of that stuff.

One of the properties gets black mold all over the brick walk way. Applied it there and the next week when I returned, it was much better.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I used some spray and forget (hose attachment) on 2 properties a couple weeks ago. ... They have a roof version so used that. If you see roofs with the black streaks on them, it has done a good job of getting rid of that stuff. ...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The roof on the residential property we most recently sold is / was very sound but, the shingles were a tan color (really pops nicely with the dark cedar siding!) and over the course of 7-8 years it had those black streaks develop where a trees branches were overhanging it. I hit the entire span with that roof version twice, 3-months apart back-to-back and 3 months after the second app. (6 months after the first app.) the roof looked absolutely, positively new, even closeup!!!!

The across the street neighbor still exclaims over that (he REALLY appreciated the enhanced view out of the front of his place also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom