Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle

Notices

Old March 30th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #1
clandestine
AR15 Technical Instructor

Send a message via Skype™ to clandestine
Exclamation FAQ: What Class should I take? The AR15 ARmorer or AR15 Master Build Class?

I get this question often so I thought I would make it a Sticky.

Question: Should I take the AR15 Master Build Class or AR15 Armorers Class?

Answer: Both Classes cover Testing and Gauging your AR15.

For a person with advanced AR experience, the Master Build Class may be more suitable if you only plan to take only ONE Class.

If you are a novice or have moderate experience with the AR15, you would be better suited to take the Arrmorers Class BEFORE attending an AR Master Build Class.

Students perform AR15 Building in the AR Master Build Class, where as you don't have that opportunity in the AR 101 Armorers Class. Both Classes are VERY "hands on" but in different ways. The AR Armorers Class will break Students AR15’s down to a "Field Stripped" condition in addition to removal of the Fire Control Group, but not any more than that. Unless I see a problem that warrants action.

The AR15 Armorers Class will show you what components on your AR15 are in "spec" and in most cases we correct problem components on Student AR15's in the AR Armorers Class, but there are thing we DO NOT correct in the AR Armorers Class. The Barrel/Upper Receiver Interface is something we cannot Gauge, Test, or Correct in the AR Armorers Class. The Barrel/Upper Receiver Interface covers Feed Ramp Alignment & Polishing, proper Barrel Nut Torque, Barrel Nut/Gas Tube alignment, proper application Barrel Assembly Grease, Barrel Bedding, and Upper Receiver Face Truing are things we cannot perform or correct on a Students AR15 in the AR Armorers Class. We cannot correct Canted Front Sight Bases or Pinned Gas Blocks in the AR15 101 Armorers Class as well. I do cover the proper procedure for these areas during instruction, but we don’t perform them on Student AR15's.

The AR 101 Armorers Classes has about 8 Students total in attendance. Our goal with the Armorers Class is to give Students a better understanding on the "how and why" the AR15 works by using technical illustrations, an AR15 cut-away, AR15 Computer Animation, and physical examples.

The AR15 Master Build Classes does not cover as much of the "why", it's more of the "do", and making sure the owner gets a technically accurate AR15 build experience. The Master Build Classes are smaller as well, so it’s a more intimate setting in a sense.

I do offer back to back classes upon request at a substantial discount

School of the American Rifle Website

School of the American Rifle on Instagram

Last edited by clandestine; May 26th, 2019 at 11:40 AM.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 07:00 PM   #2
Sling Blade

What's needed fer the "build" class?

A complete rifle or just all the parts to assemble it?
Sling Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 08:32 PM   #3
outrider58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling Blade View Post
What's needed fer the "build" class?

A complete rifle or just all the parts to assemble it?
Parts is parts. Can't build without'm.
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 09:21 PM   #4
clandestine
AR15 Technical Instructor

Send a message via Skype™ to clandestine
Outrider58 made is very simple, but generally people have a "idea" of what they want and a budget. I then give suggestions if they have no idea.

If they have a kit or parts I review and tell them what is ok, and what is not.

School of the American Rifle Website

School of the American Rifle on Instagram
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 09:46 PM   #5
shootin the breeze
Missed it by that much

I sure hope it works out you run another build class later this year. Just couldn't swing this one with cash flow being what it is right now.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle