Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rimfire
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 13th, 2019, 05:05 PM #11
Emeritus Creepy Clown

Emeritus Creepy Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsulli85 View Post
I haven't purchased one yet, so I can't vouch for it. But I found this one day and thought it looked like a good buy for just this.

http://www.mcfaden.com/product-p/lightnin-grip.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OuxhqtqIM
Aha! They even make an adapter for MP5 22s! Thanks!
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:05 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo Jon View Post
Once you get the Maglula youll load the 25s as fast or faster than you would do a 10rd by hand. I have a 10/15 and about 10-BX25. Only one that ever gave me issue is the BX-25x2, I think the weight of it caused issues.
IMHO the 25s are more awkward than they are worth for bench shooting or typical varmint work. Now if you were popping ground hogs or shooting off hand sure. Heck, I could see them being ridiculously fun for bowling pin shooting or busting clays on a berm (the later is usually when I am using my BX-25s). Otherwise I generally prefer the BX-10 with their flush fit.

I need to try a maglula BX loader. Id been waiting for them to come out with one. Glad they finally did!
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:51 PM #13

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

I agree with lazarus on two major points:

1) Bring dead sucks.

2) I generally prefer the BX-10 magazine.

That said and following the crowd, I really like the maglula. I've never had one of their products that didn't work well for me.

If you must make a compromise to carry a concealed handgun, compromise on fashion, not the firearm.
joppaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 03:24 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider58 View Post
Aha! They even make an adapter for MP5 22s! Thanks!
This thing is a godsend. Works for my 22lr ar and m&p compact too. Only downside is that it doesn’t work with the ruger magazines. I ditched the ruger mags and went aftermarket just so that I could use this loader.

One other thing with the lightinin loader is that it's great for high volume shooting but I do not use it to load for any sort of precision shooting. Depending on the magazine type you are loading, it can scratch the side of the bullet. This is particularly true for the last couple rounds going into an cmmg ar 22lr mag.

Last edited by GolfR; June 15th, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
GolfR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 05:22 PM #15
Emeritus Creepy Clown

Emeritus Creepy Clown

I'm surprised Lightnin' Grip doesn't make an adapter for the factory 10/22 mags. It looks like the off center would work on them. I recon I'll find out. ORDERED!

http://www.mcfaden.com/product-p/10-...dapteronly.htm

Jeez. Now I've gotta get one of those "clip loaders" for my Mk III. I hate loading those too and it's Mrs O's favorite gun
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:52 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsulli85 View Post
I haven't purchased one yet, so I can't vouch for it. But I found this one day and thought it looked like a good buy for just this.

http://www.mcfaden.com/product-p/lightnin-grip.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OuxhqtqIM
But it does not work with Ruger factory 10/22 magazines.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 09:41 PM #17
Emeritus Creepy Clown

Emeritus Creepy Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
But it does not work with Ruger factory 10/22 magazines.
I know. What's up with that?? They have an "offset" and a "center feed" attachment. As far as I can tell, you click on their 10/22 adapter, there's no option of choice between the two options. looks like, once again, I'll be the guinea pig. That's why God invented 'returns', I guess.
Old June 15th, 2019, 09:56 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo Jon View Post
Just picked up a Maglula one, works just as well as the rest of the Maglula loaders I have. Very well thought out.
Same here
1841DNG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 07:40 AM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
IMHO the 25s are more awkward than they are worth for bench shooting or typical varmint work. Now if you were popping ground hogs or shooting off hand sure. Heck, I could see them being ridiculously fun for bowling pin shooting or busting clays on a berm (the later is usually when I am using my BX-25s). Otherwise I generally prefer the BX-10 with their flush fit.
Agreed the 25s are kind of awkward for me too. Ruger now makes a BX15 that looks like it may be just the right compromise. I need to find one on my next trip down south
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 10:17 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Agreed the 25s are kind of awkward for me too. Ruger now makes a BX15 that looks like it may be just the right compromise. I need to find one on my next trip down south
I've been tempted to pick up a could for that reason. Just rubs me a bit wrong that they are basically the same price as the 25s. Maybe a couple of bucks less.

But won't stop me from getting some. I've mostly been prioritizing standard capacity mags (okay, for a 10/22 I'll admit 10 is standard) for other guns I own or are on my dream list. Like I don't own a Vz58 or 61 yet, but I damn well plan to eventually and it seems worth the ~$100 to get 2 or 3 mags for each as an umbrella policy. Actually those are probably the only two guns I don't own that I plan to get magazines for before I own them.

But I also need/want some more M1 carbine magazines, another Cz82 mag or two, etc. So 10/22 mags have been taking a back seat. Though I think I need to pick up a 3 pack of BX-10. I like to keep a spare in my range bag, because I so often forget to pack a magazine for my 10/22 and it often comes to the range with me. And single loading it is not really an option.

The other two BX-10 I have, one is loaded with segmented quiets and one with subsonic quiets for pests around here. I'd like to keep one loaded with either minimags or Velocitors in case I have a BIG pest I need to deal with (like a fox). Which would give me zero spares.

So 4 needed total. A 5th wouldn't be bad so when I take my kids they can be shooting, while I load the other one. And a spare in case one gets lost or broken. Can never have too many magazines for anything :-) (though I think I have 6 P1 mags. That seems rather sufficient).
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rimfire