Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 15th, 2019, 09:30 AM #261

I will point out that PCP does pose major risks to bystanders , and is worthy of strict controls .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 11:28 AM #262
@therange

@therange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
I will point out that PCP does pose major risks to bystanders , and is worthy of strict controls .

So does my SBS.

Sorry
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:01 PM #263
ReMember

ReMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1841DNG View Post
I do not have the studies to hand but in limited trials MDMA with a therapist has shown a lot of promise as a treatment of treatment resistant PTSD in veterans and rape victims. I have also heard unscientific anecdotes of people trying without a professional and not being able to handle their trauma alone. But it looks good so far.
And there were very limited studies showing LSD being useful in treating some addictions and I have not heard of intense physical dependency developing on it. As a certified not a doctor or pharmacist with no training you should be careful will a family history of mental illness. And I hear that it is very important to have someone babysitting you. But I have never tried the stuff personally and I can't imagine that I ever will.
I have heard that 97% of scientists believe in Human-Caused Global Warming and that 90% of Americans support Universal Background Checks.

I have no opinions based on experience with persons taking LSD/MDMA.

I have seen a person (woman) completely lose their mind taking shrooms. She was fine a few days later when I next saw her.

I have seen people on heroin have their mind/lives destroyed, and lives around them.

I have seen people hooked on pills (Oxy/Perco/Darvo) and they "get old" fast.
adit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 04:06 PM #264

Opps, I must have forgotten I was on a gun forum
I didn't mean Pre Charged Pneumatic , and I think Short Bbl Shotguns should be treated like handguns .

I refered to the drug PCP , aka Angel Dust, aka Butt Naked .
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:56 PM #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
That's the same as saying you don't believe in diabetes because you don't have it. Just because you can eat donuts, pie and ice cream all day doesn't mean everyone can.

I beleive it is a genetic predisposition, much like diabetes or muscular dystrophy.
In 1993 I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes, I was overweight, not quite "obese" bu BMI stats. In 2009 I had gastric bypass, for 3 reasons, diabetes, sleep apnea, and I had hoped if I survived, my ex who wanted to have WLS but was afraid, would feel comfortable and get WLS. Now, I have diabetes in my family, but my extra weight didnt help, but I accept responsibility, sleep apnea, weight problem, so I decided to do something about it, and had WLS. Now, as long as I am "good" I can maintain decent blood sugar control, (again, it's up to me) and I know that. I couldn't keep doing finger sticks, so I TOOK IT UPON MYSELF to figure it out. I got a constant glucose monitor, CGM, and my control is back to ME.

So yeah, I believe in diabetes, I believe it is both hereditary, and personal actions.

So pllttfff, LOL

People laugh at me because I am different,, I laugh 'cause they are all the same.

Life time NRA member
THier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 08:57 PM #266
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDefender View Post
No... In the sense, one drinks from a container (glass, bottle, etc), the other is ingested via a gas and the exhale, still a gas, contains the drug. Kinda like cigarettes, pipes etc. So maybe there needs to be special place to use the drug. Public makes it very hard for smokers these days.
You can buy cannabis infused tea and teabags in Colorado. It also comes in gummy, brownie, cookie, breath mint forms. No bystanders are injured during ingestion.
clay_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 10:25 PM #267
The M1 Does My Talking

The M1 Does My Talking

Even with a medical marijuana card, it is illegal to smoke marijuana in a motor vehicle or in any public place. It'a also illegal to operate or be in control of a vehicle while under the influence, which is good because it isn't just smoked anymore. Apparently vaping is really big, and there are also edible forms, sublingual drops, transdermal patches, gummies, skin creams and lord knows what all. It seems like a lot has changed since the days of Cheech and Chong.
Threeband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 10:51 PM #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit View Post
I have heard that 97% of scientists believe in Human-Caused Global Warming and that 90% of Americans support Universal Background Checks.

I have no opinions based on experience with persons taking LSD/MDMA.

I have seen a person (woman) completely lose their mind taking shrooms. She was fine a few days later when I next saw her.

I have seen people on heroin have their mind/lives destroyed, and lives around them.

I have seen people hooked on pills (Oxy/Perco/Darvo) and they "get old" fast.

Oh yeah playing powerful substances can be reckless and dangerous. Like I said, the limited MDMA trials that showed great results were in conjunction with on site professionals. And I have no data but have heard anecdotes of people trying it without help and failing catastrophically to deal with their trauma. And any hallucinogen can lead to physically damaging accidents not counting the mental stuff. At least in a medical setting you would be watched over by professionals.

Speaking of your mushroom example, I have seen what others (not sure if there is a technical definition) class as deliriants which can end up with you blacking out and coming too miles away from where you started after a few days covered in cuts sans any idea how you got there. Many of these are legal for other uses and luckily they are not abused much.
1841DNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:57 PM #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay_shooter View Post
You can buy cannabis infused tea and teabags in Colorado. It also comes in gummy, brownie, cookie, breath mint forms. No bystanders are injured during ingestion.
So there still needs to be a law.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
TexDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 02:41 PM #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexDefender View Post
So there still needs to be a law.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Law against exactly what?
PJDiesel is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues