Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 9th, 2019, 08:53 PM #11

I will go buy the VZ58 in 5.56 next!
jrhzn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 03:09 AM #12

I own VZ2008 I don't know how it compares to VZ 58 but I got more than 1000 rnds down pipe and it runs like a dream. Bolt and BCG have no signs of wear. Chrome lined barrel still sparkles...its accurate as hell
cdub702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2019, 06:37 AM #13
Judge not this race .....

Judge not this race .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub702 View Post
I own VZ2008 I don't know how it compares to VZ 58 but I got more than 1000 rnds down pipe and it runs like a dream. Bolt and BCG have no signs of wear. Chrome lined barrel still sparkles...its accurate as hell
Agreed. However with it's rudimentary sights, hard to stay on target, for us "older" guys with older eyes. It also kicks a little more than I like, but I have butt-stock pad on it and that helps.
bkuether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 11:35 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuether View Post
Agreed. However with it's rudimentary sights, hard to stay on target, for us "older" guys with older eyes. It also kicks a little more than I like, but I have butt-stock pad on it and that helps.
I forget who, but someone make a rail to replace the rear sight. Allows you to mount a red dot securely or a scout rifle. Or at least I am 99% sure I remember someone does.

Only own an SKS as well as a nearly done second SKS. One type 56. The other a sino/soviet mix master. The completed type 56 is decently accurate at around 3MOA with most 7.62x39 I’ve tried in it (5 MOA with federal fusion. Really does not like it for some reason). Except Wolf military classic. It runs 1.25MOA in it and I’ve had some sub MOA 5 shit groups with it.

It’s just odd. Pretty awesome, but I still feel dumbfounded. It’s an SKS, but outs out a group the size of a quarter at 50yds and open sights with the ammo sometimes and on a bad day with the ammo a silver dollar could cover the group at 50yds.

A Vz58/2008 is very high in my list of wants. It’s basically a Ruger Wrangler, 1903 and then a Vz58/2008.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:24 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I forget who, but someone make a rail to replace the rear sight. Allows you to mount a red dot securely or a scout rifle. Or at least I am 99% sure I remember someone does.

Only own an SKS as well as a nearly done second SKS. One type 56. The other a sino/soviet mix master. The completed type 56 is decently accurate at around 3MOA with most 7.62x39 Iíve tried in it (5 MOA with federal fusion. Really does not like it for some reason). Except Wolf military classic. It runs 1.25MOA in it and Iíve had some sub MOA 5 shit groups with it.

Itís just odd. Pretty awesome, but I still feel dumbfounded. Itís an SKS, but outs out a group the size of a quarter at 50yds and open sights with the ammo sometimes and on a bad day with the ammo a silver dollar could cover the group at 50yds.

A Vz58/2008 is very high in my list of wants. Itís basically a Ruger Wrangler, 1903 and then a Vz58/2008.
Bonesteel arms makes the rails that allows you to mount optics scout style, you can also buy the mount from RSRegulate (preferred for a scope).
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:56 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhzn View Post
Bonesteel arms makes the rails that allows you to mount optics scout style, you can also buy the mount from RSRegulate (preferred for a scope).
Thanks!
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:08 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhzn View Post
I have the RS Regulate side mount. The only issue with it is that the QD rail isn't really QD if you have the paratrooper stock, as the sling attachment point prevents it from coming off. Also you can't really get a cheek weld with a red dot and the paratrooper stock. You can get the Magpul Zhukov stock and RS Regulate adapter for the VZ58, but then you aren't going to be able to see your irons well and will have to rely on the red dot. It also adds a lot of weight to the back and doesn't look that great to me.

All in all I am tempted to leave the gun stock and just use the irons. Love how light and handy it is. Or just use foam and duct tape to build up a proper check weld on the paratrooper stock.
fbi_surveillance_van is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2019, 11:48 AM #18

Latest VZ58 video is up, shooting surplus steel out to 500 yards consistently is no joke peeps! There goes the myth that 7.62X39 is only good to 200 yards..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WP6d8suZXM

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles