• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whodareswins

Sep 13, 2013
    SoMD
    My AK47 took 125 days from the time of purchase and was only released to me due to the early release waiver. We are back down to 10 days in St Marys county if you sign the early release waiver.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I just got the Sig Sauer Mosquito I bought in May. The paperwork is not done yet. I think. It should have been completed sometime last week actually. But the fax lag has been four days. So 118 days and counting on the paperwork.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    I called M.s Brock @ MSP today and was advised that my review (2nd) was done on 9/10. I signed the paperwork on 5/13. Ms. Brock did not know if the fax was sent and told me to call All Pawn/Best Pawn (Waldorf). I called them, and they do not have the fax.

It's only been 5 days. What in the world would make me think MSP might POSSIBLY get a fax out in only 5 days...? So, I called Ms. Brock back and she said she will make sure it gets faxed.

Day 126, 77r (ND) done, and still waiting...

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Here is the latest from the Maryland State Police.

As of 9/13/2013

Initial Reviews : 5/27/2013

Secondary Reviews : 5/22/2013

Applications Received : 94,127

Backlog : 43,474

Processed : 50,653

Hurray!!! My first application should have been processed. Now if they would just fax it to my dealer!!!

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Here is the latest from the Maryland State Police.

As of 9/13/2013

Initial Reviews : 5/27/2013

Secondary Reviews : 5/22/2013

Applications Received : 94,127

Backlog : 43,474

Processed : 50,653

Hurray!!! My first application should have been processed. Now if they would just fax it to my dealer!!!

Exactly. I'm now on Day 127 since purchase, and day 6 of not being faxed.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Called Best Pawn Waldorf again today after not getting a call-back yesterday, and they had my ND in.

Finally, after 128 DAYS, I have my AR in hand. Good bye Best Pawn/All Pawn, you will never see me again.

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    I used Maryland Quartermaster in Bel Air to transfer my latest (and probably last) handgun. They charged only $45, and will release the gun on the 8th day after the 77R is submitted.

Eam668

May 20, 2013
    Harford County,Md
    why does continental arms, do not allow early release? I bought my lower since June.

I bought my ruger from them on the 16th of may and my app came back ND on 9-4. It was 114 days total I had to wait to pick up. Judging by the wait times on here you might be picking up in October. I will never step foot inside continental agian to buy a firearm. I just ordered a lower from a FFL dealer who does on time releases.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    why does continental arms, do not allow early release? I bought my lower since June.

The story we got from a shop is that the MD AG sent a letter to all the dealers threatening fines and loss of license if they release early and someone not eligible receives a firearm.

While the law may or may not say one thing and the AG another, I don't really blame any dealer for wanting to play it safe - litigation is expensive (even if you win) and it's easy for people with no financial stake to say "fight it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom