• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    For Montgomery County residents that have gone through the process of submitting a Form 1 who signed off on it? Chief Thomas Manger? I'm temped to call the 311 call center but the probability of them knowing the answer is low.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    For Montgomery County residents that have gone through the process of submitting a Form 1 who signed off on it? Chief Thomas Manger? I'm temped to call the 311 call center but the probability of them knowing the answer is low.

You no longer have to get anyone to sign off on any NFA forms. After rule 41F went in to effect in July, all that is required is notification of the CLEO for your area.

Basically, you send a separate copy of your paperwork to your CLEO and that's it. They can bin it or do whatever they want to with it afterword.

Many people in MD just send it to MSP in Pikesville, but you could theoretically send it to your local or county police department, etc.

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    Thanks for you feedback! I just order the paper Form 1's and some other documents (https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form) from ATF's site.

I haven't seen these forms yet but if there is a section in the form that asks for the signature of the CLEO or their designee as shown here (http://www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf) should I write NA due to 41F? Or, just leave it blank? I just don't want to form to get kicked out of the queue and sent back.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Thanks for you feedback! I just order the paper Form 1's and some other documents (https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form) from ATF's site.

Sure thing. You can also print them from the link I provided.

I haven't seen these forms yet but if there is a section in the form that asks for the signature of the CLEO or their designee as shown here (http://www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf) should I write NA due to 41F? Or, just leave it blank? I just don't want to form to get kicked out of the queue and sent back.

That is an OLD version of the form and you should not use it or you will be rejected by ATF. Notice it is dated 2007.

The newest version of the form, that I linked to above, is different to reflect the changes in 41F. Whenever you're going to submit an F1 or F4, it's always a good idea to go to ATF's site to see what the most recent version is. If you ordered them from ATF on paper the ones you will get will be the most recent version and will be different than the link in your post. That site is out of date.

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD
    Thank you for this FAQ, I've got the paperwork filled out and need to get photos and fingerprints done. Photos I can get done at a local CVS can anyone recommend a place to get fingerprints done. I'm located in Pasadena, MD.

SW6906user

Quick question

Probably asked, but never the less my Form 1 was approved for my SBS back in April 2017 and I finally got a barrel. When my Form 1 was submitted, for serial number I used the serial number on the receiver. Do I still have to get the receiver engraved with our family name?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Probably asked, but never the less my Form 1 was approved for my SBS back in April 2017 and I finally got a barrel. When my Form 1 was submitted, for serial number I used the serial number on the receiver. Do I still have to get the receiver engraved with our family name?

If by "family name" you mean trust name, yes.

There has been a lot of debate as to whether the engraving is law or not, but AFAIK, it is required that whenever you "make" an NFA item, the maker's name(trust name) and city of origin is required.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    If by "family name" you mean trust name, yes.

There has been a lot of debate as to whether the engraving is law or not, but AFAIK, it is required that whenever you "make" an NFA item, the maker's name(trust name) and city of origin is required.

Yup.

And make sure that when you get the engraving done, that it reads exactly like whatever you put in box 3b of the Form 1. If that box says "Beavis Family NFA Trust" then you have to engrave "Beavis Family NFA Trust" on the receiver, not "Beavis Family," or "Thomas P. Beavis" or anything else.

SW6906user

Yup.

And make sure that when you get the engraving done, that it reads exactly like whatever you put in box 3b of the Form 1. If that box says "Beavis Family NFA Trust" then you have to engrave "Beavis Family NFA Trust" on the receiver, not "Beavis Family," or "Thomas P. Beavis" or anything else.

Thanks for the tip Hawkeye, now I am wishing that I named my trust something different than my last name.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yup.

Thanks for the tip Hawkeye, now I am wishing that I named my trust something different than my last name.

Definitely. Dot all your Ts and cross all your Is.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom