• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    As the Hooligans were leaving the range this morning we found a nice muzzle loader that another group of shooters evidently missed when they packed their gear and left.

We posted a sign with phone numbers at the range and the rifle was taken to the MSP barrack in McHenry. MSP contacted DNR who may pick up the rifle and store it in their lost and found.

If anyone who sees this may know the owner, please have them contact MSP to identify and claim. We hope you get your rifle back!

MSP - McHenry Barrack
    67 Friendsville Road
    McHenry, MD 21541
    301-387-1101

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    The gun has been transferred to the DNR Headquarters building next to the Ranger Station up the road from the range. I have the contact info if needed

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Enough IS enough!

Having hopefully been a positive contributor to this forum for over eight years I recently stayed off the forum for many weeks. There are reasons for that. Like deja vu the posts on this thread are among them.

Last week I re-engaged with the MDS group. I began posting Hooligan info and responding to other threads. But it's like I came back to the same bull sh!t I was better off not thinking about for the past six weeks.

Today, we found a rifle a guy mistakenly left behind at the range. He effed up. Personally I will be proud to make sure he gets it back. That's the reason I started this thread. Have you ever made a mistake? Would you like assistance from someone you don't know to help you?

Your replies here and on today's Hooligan thread about this guy's mistake are a sad testimony about the honor of some MDS members. You may think your remarks are comedy. Others do not.

We will try every way we can to see the rifle we found today is returned to its owner. THAT is the RIGHT THING TO DO!

There was a time when the MDS membership was a caring and helpful group. That seems to no longer be the case.

:sad20::sad20::sad20:

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    The only time a similar thing happened to me unfolded like this: I found a S&W M39 9mm left behind at the range by a shooter who I had briefly said hi to earlier- no idea as to his identity. I took the pistol home, cleaned it, and then went around to all the gun shops and sporting goods stores in the area (York,PA) describing the gun and its owner as best I could. To make a long story short, it paid off and I was able to get the gun back into the forgetful owner's hands. Three months later was an item in the local news where a woman shot her husband with his 9mm and finished him off by bludgeoning him with a champagne bottle. You guessed it- it was my guy and the same M39 I returned to his possession.

Unintended consequences...

The only time a similar thing happened to me unfolded like this: I found a S&W M39 9mm left behind at the range by a shooter who I had briefly said hi to earlier- no idea as to his identity. I took the pistol home, cleaned it, and then went around to all the gun shops and sporting goods stores in the area (York,PA) describing the gun and its owner as best I could. To make a long story short, it paid off and I was able to get the gun back into the forgetful owner's hands. Three months later was an item in the local news where a woman shot her husband with his 9mm and finished him off by bludgeoning him with a champagne bottle. You guessed it- it was my guy and the same M39 I returned to his possession.

You have a link to that story? What was the outcome?

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Having hopefully been a positive contributor to this forum for over eight years I recently stayed off the forum for many weeks. There are reasons for that. Like deja vu the posts on this thread are among them.

Last week I re-engaged with the MDS group. I began posting Hooligan info and responding to other threads. But it's like I came back to the same bull sh!t I was better off not thinking about for the past six weeks.

Today, we found a rifle a guy mistakenly left behind at the range. He effed up. Personally I will be proud to make sure he gets it back. That's the reason I started this thread. Have you ever made a mistake? Would you like assistance from someone you don't know to help you?

Your replies here and on today's Hooligan thread about this guy's mistake are a sad testimony about the honor of some MDS members. You may think your remarks are comedy. Others do not.

We will try every way we can to see the rifle we found today is returned to its owner. THAT is the RIGHT THING TO DO!

There was a time when the MDS membership was a caring and helpful group. That seems to no longer be the case.

:sad20::sad20::sad20:
    You guys are stand up guys and you did the right thing trying to return the muzzle loader to it's rightful owner. I hope the owner gets it back and his faith in humanity is restored.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Good job trying to get the gun back to its owner. Seems I recall another thread earlier this year about a left behind long gun at that same range or maybe Green Ridge.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Holy goat farts that's CRAZY. That's a good bar story right there!

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

Don't feel bad. It's got nothing to do with you. That woman did what she did on her own.

If the 9mm didn't make it back, she'd used his .45 and finished him off with a steak knife.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Good job trying to get the gun back to its owner. Seems I recall another thread earlier this year about a left behind long gun at that same range or maybe Green Ridge.

I recall hearing about someone leaving a rifle behind at Elk Neck a while back. I don't remember if I ever heard the outcome of that one.

I hope that if I ever make a mistake like that, someone with integrity (like J8064) finds it and tries to get it back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom