Breaking: Dumais openly flipping *against* "full ban" on 'AWs'!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    We're not there yet, and we still have a lot of fighting to do, but the fact that we're creating dissection within their ranks for what was a slam-dunk bill is HUGE.

We need to keep the pressure up. No, we need to turn it up. Get calling them all NOW.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    How does she think competitive shooters become competitive? Were they just born that way? :rolleyes:

No, most likely she didn't know that many of the features used on these firearms are also used in the competitive realm. My guess is that she was just always told that these were evil guns and had no purpose except to kill people. But that's just a guess on my part.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Can someone with a Washington Post account post a comment for me/us?

At the end of the article, it quotes Busch saying "In an interview, Busch cited a cafeteria shooting last year at a high school north of Baltimore as evidence of the need for an assault-weapons ban."

I am fairly sure he is referring to the shooting in Perry Hall High School. But, the only gun used was a double barrel shotgun, not an "assault weapon"! Can someone please point that out and discredit Busch (and the anti-gun side)?

As support for what I say, see:

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland...y/-/10136486/18982506/-/12q946lz/-/index.html

"Gladden admitted that he took a double-barrel shotgun to the school on Aug. 27 and fired the weapon into the crowded cafeteria with the intention to kill."

Thanks.

7A38

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Can someone with a Washington Post account post a comment for me/us?

At the end of the article, it quotes Busch saying "In an interview, Busch cited a cafeteria shooting last year at a high school north of Baltimore as evidence of the need for an assault-weapons ban."

I am fairly sure he is referring to the shooting in Perry Hall High School. But, the only gun used was a double barrel shotgun, not an "assault weapon"! Can someone please point that out and discredit Busch (and the anti-gun side)?

As support for what I say, see:

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland...y/-/10136486/18982506/-/12q946lz/-/index.html

"Gladden admitted that he took a double-barrel shotgun to the school on Aug. 27 and fired the weapon into the crowded cafeteria with the intention to kill."

Thanks.

7A38

Done. Yer welcome. :lol2:

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    citizen556
    12:00 AM EDT
    "In an interview, Busch cited a cafeteria shooting last year at a high school north of Baltimore as evidence of the need for an assault-weapons ban." What evidence was that? It was a shotgun - you know, the Biden approved solution to a perceived threat. Honestly, it seems like gun control advocates really could not care less about actual facts.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I will commend her for not just going along with the party line and actually being willing to think about this. Even more so for actually getting out there and firing a gun for the first time. So many antis want to ban guns because they know nothing about them and they are plain scared of them. They think that just looking at one will actually result in their death. Reminds me of a lady at a house I was using my wood splitter at. She didn't want to come within 30 feet of the splitter because she was scared of it. Had to tell her that she could be within 5 feet of it without any possible chance of injury whatsoever and unless she was actually handling the wood, there was very little chance of getting hurt by the splitter.

We all fear what we do not know/understand.

I really hope this bill dies. My biggest peeves are the assault weapon ban, the fingerprinting, the registration, and the mag capacity limitation. The mental health provisions could use some work too, but the others just need to go away.

n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    Never heard i discussions for or against. The AR-15 platform is the NATIONAL SERVICE RIFLE.

Every citizen should have the opportunity to own one and know how it functions and how to be a marksman.

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    How about that? They DO listen after all........

There were so many misconceptions about "assault weapon" characteristics -- everything from AR's being "machine guns" to their use of "30-round burst magazine clips" (yes, someone actually said that). I think that having thousands of people repeat, over and over again, the truth about the nature of the characteristics the bill was trying to demonize really made a difference.

Dichotmist

Dec 17, 2012
    California, MD
    There were so many misconceptions about "assault weapon" characteristics -- everything from AR's being "machine guns" to their use of "30-round burst magazine clips" (yes, someone actually said that). I think that having thousands of people repeat, over and over again, the truth about the nature of the characteristics the bill was trying to demonize really made a difference.

More the reason everyone needs to own one so they know the true charateristics. Then we can get over the BS these politicians spread....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom