• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Looks like alot of scopes including the athalon ,sun .Trenier,Leapers UTG.Sightron..Hawke may all be made in th UK by MTC ....https://trenieroutdoors.com/optics-2/

I doubt is a Leapers UTG and Sun are both Chinese companies.

I found an optics forum that talked to the owners. Turns out the Athlon Cronus line is made in Japan and all their other scopes are made in China. Some opinions are that the same Chinese factory that turns out Primary Arms scopes turns out Athlon ones also but with Athlon reticles. An opinion is the 2 engineers that founded Athlon are former Bushnell employees sort of like the bunch of Leupold employees that left and formed Sig Optics. If you get past some of the uneducated hype being put out their scopes are getting decent reviews, just don't believe anyone can make a scope as good as the top tier for under $500. Not possible due to cost of materials. Their 8-34x56 scope gets a little fuzzy past about 24x which is a sign that its not using ED optics and that is why it costs like it does.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Looks like alot of scopes including the athalon ,sun .Trenier,Leapers UTG.Sightron..Hawke may all be made in th UK by MTC ....https://trenieroutdoors.com/optics-2/

I doubt is a Leapers UTG and Sun are both Chinese companies.

I found an optics forum that talked to the owners. Turns out the Athlon Cronus line is made in Japan and all their other scopes are made in China. Some opinions are that the same Chinese factory that turns out Primary Arms scopes turns out Athlon ones also but with Athlon reticles. An opinion is the 2 engineers that founded Athlon are former Bushnell employees sort of like the bunch of Leupold employees that left and formed Sig Optics. If you get past some of the uneducated hype being put out their scopes are getting decent reviews, just don't believe anyone can make a scope as good as the top tier for under $500. Not possible due to cost of materials. Their 8-34x56 scope gets a little fuzzy past about 24x which is a sign that its not using ED optics and that is why it costs like it does. 30mm tube means less adjustment range than top of the line 34mm tube scopes. Good enough is not the same thing as good as it can be. Maybe your use is good enough at $400 to buy one, just don't expect it to be as good as a $1500 scope.

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    Yes Johnny Cash Rocks big time , my choice was made by , maker , distance and price , although the rifle will go one mile , there is nowhere here to do it , so im gonna just have some fun at the 200 at AGC and get back into the game ,,,, Thanks to everyone for their input

JIM!!!!!!!!!!
    5.56 mags amends -2 40 on hand and a new pmag 60

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    Im not done , I have three my son took , and im supposed to get a look through one hopefully this weekend , Im not opposed at all , the price was way lower than anybody else by 100 bucks, and it will do its intended job for now and i can always move it to a host rifle , name doesnt matter , quality is the factor , get it on the paper !!!!

wow didnt know i was a member this long lol
    Thanks TINKZ , and everyone else , this is a great topic , I would like to see a scope cheat sheet on size vs magnification but add in travel that would be very kool especially for never shooters , just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom