• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swollseyba

Jun 28, 2016
    Good Morning all,

In the coming days I plan to submit 3 form 4's and 2 form 1's all at once.
    This will be my first time dealing with NFA paperwork.
    Anyone know of anywhere (close to Baltimore preferably) that offers INK fingerprinting services?

Also, anyone have any tips about the photo of myself I need to attach to each form?

Thanks!

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Hey Swollseyba,

To answer some of your questions:

For fingerprints, I think the ATF requires it to be done by law enforcement agencies. So I believe you should go to one around your area that does finger printing. A specific card must also be filled out with specific information for the ATF. I am leaving the site here so you can know the specifics.

https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/how-do-i-get-my-fingerprints-taken

As for the photos, as long as the photo has no glare in the eyes, your clothes are standard, and a light is squarely on you that makes the photo clear; you can go to a photo place and print out a 2x2 on photo gloss paper.

I'm also trying to get my Form 4 done for a Draco SBR!!

Hope this helps!!!!

P.S. Yay for my first post!!!!

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I went to the Laurel Police station. They do the scan and print them on cards for you. I took my own card in, so I don't know if they can provide the card or not?

swollseyba

Jun 28, 2016
    Jamie @ Blue Fins is providing me with the proper cards. It just seems like everywhere I look, places are only offering digital scans and not ink prints.

Thanks for clearing up the photo portion. That seems easy enough.

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    I sent in digital scans with my form 1 in January. Obviously haven't heard back yet, But I'm pretty positive they do not need to be ink, Just on the proper cards. I had mine done at a place in Glen Burnie , very easy and provided the cards there. If you Google glen burnie fingerprinting you will find it, no appointment necessary.

The photos are just standard passport photos. Can do it yourself, or at a CVS/Walgreens etc

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Most university police departments offer ink fingerprint services. I got mine done ar UMBC. 20 dollars for the first card. Forget the pricing for each addl one.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    BATFE does not require ink or a LE agency. You can use digital prints printed on the cards. I've done it about 5 times.

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    Good Morning all,

In the coming days I plan to submit 3 form 4's and 2 form 1's all at once.
    This will be my first time dealing with NFA paperwork.
    Anyone know of anywhere (close to Baltimore preferably) that offers INK fingerprinting services?

Also, anyone have any tips about the photo of myself I need to attach to each form?

Thanks!

The MVA location Reisterstown does ink fingerprinting on the appropriate cards for class 3 paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom