• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I loved that place way back in the day when it was actually next to the river and the older fellow that was there during the week wasn't as up tight after he was sure you won't do something stupid . That was great back then because there was almost no one else during the week .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I read the linked article, and the quotes of " member Tom Donnelly " were troubling .

Maybe he is totally shoveling bs upon the City Council , because all is fair in politics and litigation, and keeping the specific Club in operation is all encompassing.

But the gist of Cresap's position was to the effect of We're the good gunowners . We shoot only from benches slowly . We're different from other firearms operations where they shoot Evil AR-15s, and shoot from different positions and stuff .

Yeah , at one level, every victory for any Gun Club , is a good thing for everyone . But if the quotes are at all accurate, there was a whole lot of under bus throwing taking place in Fredrick .

* And I LIKE shooting deliberately from positions. But there are larger principles beyond what I personally enjoy . *

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    I read the linked article, and the quotes of " member Tom Donnelly " were troubling .

Maybe he is totally shoveling bs upon the City Council , because all is fair in politics and litigation, and keeping the specific Club in operation is all encompassing.

But the gist of Cresap's position was to the effect of We're the good gunowners . We shoot only from benches slowly . We're different from other firearms operations where they shoot Evil AR-15s, and shoot from different positions and stuff .

Yeah , at one level, every victory for any Gun Club , is a good thing for everyone . But if the quotes are at all accurate, there was a whole lot of under bus throwing taking place in Fredrick .

* And I LIKE shooting deliberately from positions. But there are larger principles beyond what I personally enjoy . *

i was waiting for this. a little out of context and some bad articulation of my position made it sound terrible and i agree as it is expressed in this article that is what it sounds like. that is not my position or the club's as you state above but ill take whatever you guys want to throw at me. my wife already said it sounds horrible. the question i was answering was why shouldnt we raise their rent like the citys cell towers leases? what would a for profit range be expected to pay. i was trying to say public ranges provide a service and dont try to make money like telcom companies. it came out horrible so let me have it. i can take it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm glad that wasn't your/ the Club's position.

And the intended points about about the public service provided by your ( and most traditional full service Gun Clubs ) are excellent, and need to be spread to both politicians and the public .

But the unfortunate reality is the mangled story is what's in the public eye now , and indefinitely in the future .

Default comment to reporters ; " No Comment " .

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    yeah i agree with press comment. that was during hearing on whether to renew the lease and i was talking to the mayor and alderman at the time in a public hearing. i also dont like them mixing inaccurate paraphrasing in between my quotes because it skews the point tremendously. although i still could have articulated it much better. was just trying to emphasize Cresap is not here to compete with for profit ranges and is a 90 year old charitable organization and asking the board to consider this when deciding whether to raise rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom