• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does anyone else have one of these? I'm having an issue with the micrometer adjustment constantly wanting to walk counterclockwise all but ensuring inconsistency from one trimmed case to the next. Is there a fix for this? Also how does one keep the same pressure on the cases everytime given there's a weld spring that puts back pressure on the bushing?

Attachments

• download.jpeg
      download.jpeg
      5 KB · Views: 485
    556 brass

Fixed the first problem i was having [me] and now have another.When i was going to seat primers, I felt the burr around the case neck was still present which was weired since i had already gone through that particular step in the process. What I ended up having to do to get rid of it was to rotate the case [not spin] at an angle while inside the deburring tool which left the case mouth looking as if it might be too thin to safely fire.

Lyman states in their instructions to run the trimmer at max speed to avoid chattering and to apply equal but firm pressure to the case when feeding cases to the trimmer. Makes sense as it also states that 15 cases a minute can be achieved unless you want to sit there all day waiting for one case to finish trimming. What am I doing wrong here? I cant be feeding them too fast causing the case mouths to mushroom out because im not getting 15 cases a minute, maybe 10 being more realistic. Is it inherant to the way nato brass is to mushroom out when being trimmed and instead having to deburr at an angle at the case mouth or does the crimping phase solve this problem? Case on the left is deburred and the left is not.

Attachments

• 15937701506721687102312.jpg
      15937701506721687102312.jpg
      24.5 KB · Views: 235

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I dont have one of those but I'll take a shot. If I understand you right, you need to chamfer the inside and outside of the neck more. The more you trim off the more burrs are on the edge of the necks. Chamfer the inside enough to remove burrs and taper the edge to allow bullet seating with shaving the bullet. Chamfer the outside to remove the burrs/mushroom.

I dont have one of those but I'll take a shot. If I understand you right, you need to chamfer the inside and outside of the neck more. The more you trim off the more burrs are on the edge of the necks. Chamfer the inside enough to remove burrs and taper the edge to allow bullet seating with shaving the bullet. Chamfer the outside to remove the burrs/mushroom.

Taken care of. First time prepping bottleneck cases and the taper on the outside just appeared to be extreme but I eventually got used to it. The case mouth edges almost feel razor sharp:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom