• ...and so much more!
  • Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    Here's the email I received this afternoon:

March 15, 2019

Dear Derek,

Congress is considering new gun control legislation, such as H.R. 1296, To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes. This bill would likely threaten the ability of individuals to possess a host of commonly owned firearms that Democrats would arbitrarily classify as “assault weapons.” As you know, I support our rights under the Second Amendment and oppose these proposals.

This Wednesday, I am hosting a town hall at the Grasonville VFW to discuss issues like this and others of concern to constituents. I hope you will join me at this event to share your thoughts and ask questions about legislation.

Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
    Time: 6-7 PM
    203 VFW Ave, Grasonville, MD 21638

See you there!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    OP , Reach out to my brother BigK and the Caroline County 2A Alliance . It is a new group of business men and others that love our guns and our hobby of shooting . They may be able to attend and take part . Just an idea .

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Got a call from Representative Harris to join him at the VFW, unfortunately I’ll be in jersey taking care of mom.

ziptiespec

This was the first time I'd attended something like this and I wasn't sure what to expect. As you filed in you signed the attendance roster and could the take a number which would possibly be called later, in a random fashion, to allow your to pose a question to Dr. Harris. I took a number even though I had no questions prepared. I figured I'd come up with a question in time and hoped that my number was not called first.

The event got started promptly and Dr. Harris began pulling random numbers and fielding questions. I don't recall the nature of many of the questions, I was waiting for one subject to come up and after 3 or 4 questions it did: the firearms laws we're seeing proposed in Annapolis and at the federal level. The gentleman that asked the question had been in Annapolis on gun bill day (and I recognized him from that day).

Dr. Harris did a great job answering the question and did a fantastic job of explaining the Second Amendment. He even included comments on the reason for the 2A in that it gives the citizens recourse against a tyrannical government. I follow his voting record and he's staunchly pro 2A but to hear him acknowledge this aspect of the right was a very nice surprise and I found myself respecting him even more.

Of course, there were a vocal group of people in attendance that questioned his voting against HR 8 (the UBC bill) and even some that questioned the 2A in regards to dealing with an oppressive/tyrannical government. Some even held up Australia as a positive example to follow in regards to firearms.

Overall it was a good experience and I intend to participate in/attend more events like this. My favorite vocal annoying person was one of a few that spoke out (despite not having had her number called) and then whined about her 1st Amendment right when she was asked to stop her outburst. Second favorite was the guy asking Dr. Harris about the amount of money the NRA gave him.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    It was a good time! I'm sorry I didn't communicate well enough with ziptiespec and didn't get to meet him. BigK and I rode together and he asked the 2A question that caused a lot of stir from obvious mommys that demand their actions.

I was suprised how many folks showed up to attack Trump (who wasn't in attendance... so why attack him?) and to shout their grievances (or logic abortions) to one guy out of 435 members of congress and expect him to bend to their wills, changing constitutional law.

Andy took it all like a champ. Didn't cry like Trudeau. Didn't leave in a juff like Senator Ramirez from his town halls at panera.
    Andy's a good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom