Victor Titan 10/22 and Magpul X22 stock??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Does anyone know if any local dealers have the Victor Titan 10/22 stock? I would like to handle one before I purchase. Thanks.

Also, any thoughts on the Magpul X22 stock? Is it or can it be free floated? I have read conflicting reviews on its' accuracy. Thanks.

Last edited:

ziptiespec

I have the X-22 stock but haven't dropped a rifle into it yet. Your post is the first time I've heard of the Victor stock and I'm now curious about it as well. That said, the X-22 does seem to have erratic accuracy from reading threads on rimfirecentral and other forums. The decision for me came down to my use of the SGA stock for a Mossberg 500. I love the geometry and simple adjustability of the SGA/X-22 setup.

I'm hoping to finish my KIDD/X-22 project in the next month or two. I'll put something in the rimfire form here when it's complete and I have some rounds through it.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have an X22 stock on my rifle and Im very happy with it. The only place I've seen them in a store is Cabelas. I think ordered mine off midway if I remember right.

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    I have a Victor Titan stock. If you are close to Hap Baker I'll let you try it out.

Thanks for the offer but I won't be up that way anytime soon! How do you like it? Did you try out any other stocks before you purchased the Victor?

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have the magpul with kidd lightweight. It's free floated as it's not full bull. Some flex but takes a good bit to have the barrel touch. Here is a pad at the front you could mess with on a full bull barrel to free float but, I would try first. I like it so far. Nice and light, good ergos. 1/2" at 50 with cci sv is easy. Eley will shoot 1/4". I've have read some reports a full bull and the pad can cause iffy results.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    There is no better 10/22 stock than the Titan. I've shot it side by side with the Magpul and the Titan feels and fits better in every way.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I'll keep my Magpul that came with my Kidd Supergrade till there's any real evidence the Titan is more accurate with a Supergrade reciever/barrel installed. Michael Victor told me he's buying a Supergrade from Kidd to do a mock-up on his Titan stock.He's bringing out more features and another color later in the year. I'm watching his progress because I certainly like the Titan's looks!;)

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I have a Kidd Supergrade with a Magpul and it works. My buddy has a Supergrade with a Victor Titan on it. We both prefer the Victor Titan. His is more accurate. I don't know that it can be attributed to the stock but if I were doing it over, mine would have the VT.

The Magpul came bedded from Kidd so it can be done but the insert that flips around for a heavy barrel or standard barrel gets locked into place when it is bedded.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I'll keep my Magpul that came with my Kidd Supergrade till there's any real evidence the Titan is more accurate with a Supergrade reciever/barrel installed. Michael Victor told me he's buying a Supergrade from Kidd to do a mock-up on his Titan stock.He's bringing out more features and another color later in the year. I'm watching his progress because I certainly like the Titan's looks!;)

The biggest benefit with VT on the Supergrade is that the tang bolts up from the bottom, allowing you to torque it with the scope mounted. Bolting from the top is a pain in the rear to take down.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    The biggest benefit with VT on the Supergrade is that the tang bolts up from the bottom, allowing you to torque it with the scope mounted. Bolting from the top is a pain in the rear to take down.
    Yep, I agree.I pulled mine apart just the other day and that fastener on top fought me the whole way!:mad54: As I posted,I like the Titan's looks but I can't/won't give up the Super Grade's barrel removal feature. If Michael Victor comes through on the access-ports for Kidd's Super Grade action on his Titans, I'll certainly be tempted!:D

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Being able to pull the barrel with the receiver in the stock is a feature that I thought I would like. In actual use, I don’t have a reason for it. When the barrel needs cleaning, so does my receiver. I use mine for precision 22 matches so I wouldn’t use that stock if I were putting a light barrel for speed shoots.

I love the quick change barrels. I just don’t have a use to do it while it’s in the stock.

That said, if they offered the VT predrilled, I would get it. My main hang up to switching is I haven’t looked into an arca/Swiss rail for the VT. I have one that I was able to get onto the Magpul and for matches, that set up can’t be beat.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    Being able to pull the barrel with the receiver in the stock is a feature that I thought I would like. In actual use, I don’t have a reason for it. When the barrel needs cleaning, so does my receiver. I use mine for precision 22 matches so I wouldn’t use that stock if I were putting a light barrel for speed shoots.

I love the quick change barrels. I just don’t have a use to do it while it’s in the stock.

That said, if they offered the VT predrilled, I would get it. My main hang up to switching is I haven’t looked into an arca/Swiss rail for the VT. I have one that I was able to get onto the Magpul and for matches, that set up can’t be beat.
    Having the barrel detached and accessible for muzzle/crown and chamber maintenance/cleaning makes all the sense in the world to me. Pulling the action off without the barrel does too.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Having the barrel detached and accessible for muzzle/crown and chamber maintenance/cleaning makes all the sense in the world to me. Pulling the action off without the barrel does too.

I agree. Just saying that when I pull the barrel, I have the receiver pulled as well. Eley ammo leaves almost like fine sand in the receiver so when it gets cleaned, all of it gets cleaned.

Not sure what you mean by pulling the action off without the barrel?

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I agree. Just saying that when I pull the barrel, I have the receiver pulled as well. Eley ammo leaves almost like fine sand in the receiver so when it gets cleaned, all of it gets cleaned.

Not sure what you mean by pulling the action off without the barrel?

Removing the barrel by the two access ports, removing the action screws to remove the action, minus barrel.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    But the barrel has to slide forward to get the receiver out. What is holding the barrel in stock at that point?

I must not be explaining it right. Last time I took rifle apart, I removed the barrel, then removed the action. 2 Screws to remove barrel, two screws to remove action. After cleaning everything up, I dropped action back in, then slid barrel home. Having the action and barrel separated while cleaning is certainly easier on my arthritis infested hands too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom