• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone have any suggestions on which setup to go with? The issue is the rails a tad too long in reference to the threads. The oss flash hider fits but cant thread the can on. Have a grffin on the way that comes with an a2 mount. The flats of the a2 are sitting too far back as well. Unless I shimmed it that much forward but not sure thats the best idea. Would the surefire lockup be further forward?

Attachments

• 999A10EB-78F9-4CE1-BC04-FD1515691562.jpg
      999A10EB-78F9-4CE1-BC04-FD1515691562.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 196

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    depending on the can, mount, measurements, it could work. I have a few with the muzzle at or a bit inside the handguard, but I use taper mounts, and fat handguards. Problem is that looks like a really small ID, and if it's a Griffin gate-lock like the M4SD, then you need to be able to open the lock which slides out from the rear of the can, so can't be covered with a handguard. A YHM Phantom QD setup would probably work, the adapter in the can and muzzle device are pretty slim, and can be swapped into other 1 3/8x24 cans, otherwise, might be stuck swapping handguards or barrels.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    depending on the can, mount, measurements, it could work. I have a few with the muzzle at or a bit inside the handguard, but I use taper mounts, and fat handguards. Problem is that looks like a really small ID, and if it's a Griffin gate-lock like the M4SD, then you need to be able to open the lock which slides out from the rear of the can, so can't be covered with a handguard. A YHM Phantom QD setup would probably work, the adapter in the can and muzzle device are pretty slim, and can be swapped into other 1 3/8x24 cans, otherwise, might be stuck swapping handguards or barrels.

I would be very happy to run a YHM. If I have to swap rails its not a huge deal. Im just hoping to get it to sit almost flush. Its a 10.5 noveske with a 10" larue.

Only thing about YHM they are about 3-6 months out on the turbos. Seemed like the Surefires were coming back in stock sooner. Im open to any though. The more cans the better lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom