WILL PARKING TICKETS PREVENT ME FROM BUYING A GUN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    According to the OP, it's just not "parking tickets", but also "speed cam" tickets, too. I have recently heard of by a few of my customers that were "placed on hold" by MSP, ultimately the customer disclosing to me after the fact, that their problem for being "placed on hold" was due to these very reasons, albeit the fines were in the "overdue" category; hence, not paid in a timely manner. If you have any of these type of infractions, pay them immediately OR request a hearing immediately, if that is an option and if so, be sure to make the court date on a timely basis.

IJ, that fence you were helping that sheep over had a BIG hole in it at the bottom, if she wanted to get to the other side of the fence all she had to do was walk through. The least you could have done was help her over where the fence was completely intact.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Lou45 said:
    According to the OP, it's just not "parking tickets", but also "speed cam" tickets, too. I have recently heard of by a few of my customers that were "placed on hold" by MSP, ultimately the customer disclosing to me after the fact, that their problem for being "placed on hold" was due to these very reasons, albeit the fines were in the "overdue" category; hence, not paid in a timely manner. If you have any of these type of infractions, pay them immediately OR request a hearing immediately, if that is an option and if so, be sure to make the court date on a timely basis.

Ironically, the MVA veto is not codified in law.

There have been plenty of stories to that effect. Although the law and COMAR doesn't state it's a requirement.

Yet, once the fines are paid; a mysterious proceed is issued by the MSP.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    After my home was broken into, I decided to go to my local dealer and purchase a gun for simple home protection. I bought an sd9 ve, which people were telling me was an okay beginners gun. I still have to wait 7 days for the Background check. But I found out later that I still have unpaid parking tickets/citations (speed cameras). My license is active and clear of fines and I have no criminal background at all. I'm just kind of nervous, Will having unpaid Parking tickets effect me buying a gun??

Please let me know, Thanks

If you're concerned, you could have written the check to pay the tickets in less time than it took you to write your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom