• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    We should all get behind it. After all. It really is common sense to keep criminals who commit crimes off the streets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    So what happens if I buy a gun from a friend, who bought a gun from a friend, who bought a gun from a friend, and that gun is stolen? Gotta be careful of how this is worded.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    If HB4 passes you’ll be a felon anyway, so will you comply?

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    [sarcasm]Of course it's racist. There will be minorities prosecuted for theft of firearms. In what way is keeping weapons thieves off the streets not racist you bigots?[/sarcasm]

I’m tempted in the next house judiciary hearing to ask the committee to support common sense safety measures. After all. Atterbeary herself said that’s their main goal. I mean. I can only take her at her word and then use it to club her with.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So what happens if I buy a gun from a friend, who bought a gun from a friend, who bought a gun from a friend, and that gun is stolen? Gotta be careful of how this is worded.
    To help you out here... seriously...

The person in possession of any stolen property is by default in possession of stolen property no matter how that person acquired said property. No matter how many times it was sold from friend to friend... if it started the trip as stolen property... it is STILL stolen property.

Now that is not to say that the person in possession WILL be charged with the theft. But that depends greatly on where they report that they came to possess the stolen property... and they CAN be charged. And, it WILL be sticky until things get sorted out... complete with handcuffs worn. (The only exception being a "No questions Asked Gun Turn In"... and we all hate those for good reason.)

In the case of long guns... this is tricky because if one trusts the seller is being honest and selling them a free and clear item... they can still be in trouble if it is not. So... if the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you meet the seller... it may be a good idea to walk or even run away from that deal.

In the case of a handgun or other regulated firearm... It was supposed to be checked out by the MSP (or other Agency if in another state) prior to the sale. So... if it was not and the sale/transfer was illegally conducted. Then that buyer accepts all attachments to that firearm when they agree to accept it from the seller. Oooops...

Caveat emptor is the wiser advice there. Check out the history of any firearm which you are considering. Or have it checked by someone. Otherwise, what one does not know... CAN hurt them.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    To help you out here... seriously...

The person in possession of any stolen property is by default in possession of stolen property no matter how that person acquired said property. No matter how many times it was sold from friend to friend... if it started the trip as stolen property... it is STILL stolen property.

Now that is not to say that the person in possession WILL be charged with the theft. But that depends greatly on where they report that they came to possess the stolen property... and they CAN be charged. And, it WILL be sticky until things get sorted out... complete with handcuffs worn. (The only exception being a "No questions Asked Gun Turn In"... and we all hate those for good reason.)

In the case of long guns... this is tricky because if one trusts the seller is being honest and selling them a free and clear item... they can still be in trouble if it is not. So... if the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you meet the seller... it may be a good idea to walk or even run away from that deal.

In the case of a handgun or other regulated firearm... It was supposed to be checked out by the MSP (or other Agency if in another state) prior to the sale. So... if it was not and the sale/transfer was illegally conducted. Then that buyer accepts all attachments to that firearm when they agree to accept it from the seller. Oooops...

Caveat emptor is the wiser advice there. Check out the history of any firearm which you are considering. Or have it checked by someone. Otherwise, what one does not know... CAN hurt them.

All the more reason just to do everything you own on 80% lowers.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    All the more reason just to do everything you own on 80% lowers.

Well I agree, but I haven't seen many Winchester 94 or Marlin 336 80% lowers.

As to RD point, I get it. I just dont care for Bill's that COULD get a guy in trouble even though he did nothing wrong. Currently, face to face long gun between residents is ok, caveat emptor. Some widow that gives you her dead husband gun is received in good faith. I also dont like Bill's that force so much discretion on the officer. I think the words "reasonably knew" should be in the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom