• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • So after a 7 month wait, my stamp came back and I am now the proud owner of an internally suppressed barrel for my 10/22 take down..i've done some reading and watched videos..I am wondering, what round is the quietest and what round is the most accurate and what round brings those 2 variables together for optimum performance...

so, does anyone has the Ruger silenced barrel ?

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I use CCI standard velocity and Gemtech sub with great success in all the Rugers. Stay away from CCI quiets, they will not cycle. I have CCI subsonic as well and they cycled a Mist TD.
    Ultimately, you need to get several diff brands/loads and test for yourself. But I will say the the Gemtech is my go to ammo. The good thing is 22 is readily available now...

You need to give a range report on that Ruger barrel. Go over to the NFA section and post up.
    I absolutely love pulling the Mist out out the bag at the range and see the look on peoples faces once they don't hear anything. The only time I am not asked about it is when I have the range to myself. Also been able to walk rounds into a 200 yard gong with it. Get a cushioned buffer if you want a quieter action.

I use CCI standard velocity and Gemtech sub with great success in all the Rugers. Stay away from CCI quiets, they will not cycle. I have CCI subsonic as well and they cycled a Mist TD.
    Ultimately, you need to get several diff brands/loads and test for yourself. But I will say the the Gemtech is my go to ammo. The good thing is 22 is readily available now...

You need to give a range report on that Ruger barrel. Go over to the NFA section and post up.
    I absolutely love pulling the Mist out out the bag at the range and see the look on peoples faces once they don't hear anything. The only time I am not asked about it is when I have the range to myself. Also been able to walk rounds into a 200 yard gong with it. Get a cushioned buffer if you want a quieter action.

thanks for the info. I bought it mainly for dispatching squirrels around my tree stand. Any idea where one can buy the cushioned buffer?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    thanks for the info. I bought it mainly for dispatching squirrels around my tree stand. Any idea where one can buy the cushioned buffer?

I believe Kidd sells them. While I don’t have that barrel/suppressor combo, I’ve got a 10/22 with a Sparrow can on it and I use either Gemtech or RWS subs. Both run very well and are quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Look at the bolt release as well. It makes it so you just pull back the locked open bolt to release. As you know, there is a ton of stuff you can do. I figured since a integrally suppressed take down is cool to begin with, why not trick it out over time....

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Kidd makes GREAT stuff for the 10/22, including the buffer.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/

I have his buffer, bolt release, charging handle, and recoil spring / rod in my 10/22 Takedown Target that I use as a suppressor host.

As far as ammo... CCI standards are well, the standard. I have found that the Eley Yellow Box Target is fantastic ammo. Super duper accurate (especially for the price) and is subsonic, though only just.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've got a 10/22 with all of the bells and whistles and CCI quiets still won't cycle CCI Quiets with a suppressor. I bought an ultralight bolt and they still FTE/FTF some times. I have since gone exclusively with CCI Suppresors and it runs like a clock.

YMMV, some have no issues running Quiets others can't get reliability with Suppressors.

Good Luck!

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I've got a 10/22 with all of the bells and whistles and CCI quiets still won't cycle CCI Quiets with a suppressor. I bought an ultralight bolt and they still FTE/FTF some times. I have since gone exclusively with CCI Suppresors and it runs like a clock.

YMMV, some have no issues running Quiets others can't get reliability with Suppressors.

Good Luck!

Have you tried the CCI SV or Gemtech?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom