• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Doesnt excite me the parent case just doesnt have the capacity to be necked up that much and still produce decent velocities. If it werent for the straight wall case restricted states I wouldnt see any point in it at all. Several cases come to mind that work in an ar15 that have greater case capacity.

I saw a story on one of the Maryland hunting pages that says the DNR is considering allowing straight walled rifle calibers to be used in shotgun only counties in Maryland. I don't know how far along they are I don't even know whether it's factually accurate but this could be a decent round for that.

I saw a story on one of the Maryland hunting pages that says the DNR is considering allowing straight walled rifle calibers to be used in shotgun only counties in Maryland. I don't know how far along they are I don't even know whether it's factually accurate but this could be a decent round for that.

They should,never could understand their reasoning for not allowing rifles for deer (in certain counties) but you can use them on any other species in the same county and look at how muzzle loaders have progressed in the last 30 years.Yeah,I know an "odd six" is overkill on tree rats but it is still legal :lol2:.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I have an opinion on that, that I'll share. Maybe right maybe not in this state. Based on my observations, those that pursue other species, squirrels, groundhogs, predators, etc. are a bit more responsible in their hunting. Where those that only hunt deer with a rifle are a more mixed bag of responsible hunters thur to dirtbags. Then add to the numbers of people hunting deer vs those hunting groundhogs and the possibility of an accident is multiplied.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    After further review, it turns out that Winchester, in their infinite wisdom, made changes to the base of this cartridge so you can't use 223 brass. Also, this cartridge requires different magazines versus standard 5.56 mags. Fail and fail.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    After further review, it turns out that Winchester, in their infinite wisdom, made changes to the base of this cartridge so you can't use 223 brass. Also, this cartridge requires different magazines versus standard 5.56 mags. Fail and fail.

Wow. So WTF is the point? Might as well go 458 socom or 50 Beowulf if you can’t even reload from 223 brass or use 223 mags. Hell, 50 Beowulf can use .223 mags!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom