• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I went to order a scope and Amazon had "only 1 left order soon". Well - it was a pretty good deal so I ordered it.

So out of curiosity, I go back to see if they are out. Its says "only 2 left order soon" :rolleyes:

Course here's the other thing. For me it was $313. It now shows the same model at $359. :D

[EDIT] This is the item. At $313 is was a good deal I think.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018YKYBVG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    So I went to order a scope and Amazon had "only 1 left order soon". Well - it was a pretty good deal so I ordered it.

So out of curiosity, I go back to see if they are out. Its says "only 2 left order soon" :rolleyes:

Course here's the other thing. For me it was $313. It now shows the same model at $359. :D

Might have been only one left from the seller that had the $313 price. Now the item is coming from another seller at a higher price?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They do their pricing by order number amount and availability.

When our promotional tests used to come out the study materials were on Amazon so people snatched them. 2000 people would buy the same books and eventually a few of the books would cost 1K+ so our department started giving out digital copies because that’s a little cost prohibitive

Their pricing can change drastically on single item clothing in different colors. EX: A Russel 3xl hoodie is $18.99 in red, heather and gray, $15.99 in green, white and yellow, but $11.99 in blue. Choose 2xl and the price structure changes again. Their algorithm lowers prices on items just sitting in stock w/o selling. Hot sellers go up in price.
    I got a Columbia lined rain jacket for $15.99 doing the color/size search. Five minutes later the exact same item was in the $45 price range- comparable to the others. ETA- I'm guessing they sold zero 3xlt gray and cream raincoats for quite a while, so the price kept dropping until I came along.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Often online businesses of the cutthroat type (like Amazon) will vary price by your location, either physically (your phone knows where you are) or by your zipcode (charge what the market will bear; you got more money, they take more money).

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    They do their pricing by order number amount and availability.

When our promotional tests used to come out the study materials were on Amazon so people snatched them. 2000 people would buy the same books and eventually a few of the books would cost 1K+ so our department started giving out digital copies because that’s a little cost prohibitive

Easier to make friends with the guy/gal who took it last year and use theirs.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Meh...the touchy feely books might but who needs to read them?

The law books typically change an edition. I don't see the need to buy a new edition.

The new thing is digital add-on content and activities that force you to buy the most current edition book. They had this even when I finished grad school in 2010, but it wasn't really mandatory then because so few professors used those materials. Now with a 19 year old in college it seems the textbook companies have done a good job getting the latest edition extras written into the curriculum so you have to buy the newest.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I don't know if I can blame Amazon for the lies, but I know USPS lies to me when they say when my package will arrive:mad54:, or that they attempted delivery but couldn't access my address :bs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom