Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Have you checked usajobs.com?

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    You're in IT right? I think I saw a few various IT postings come through here at Hopkins. If you apply to any, let me know and I'll do what I can to put a word in for you internally.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have checked USA Jobs, and I filled out an application for Hopkins last night on the website. I don't recall it specifying any position....

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Try here https://www.healthcaresource.com/jo...CE252CF443E5F&jsessionid=c830bf044a17284df763
    Looks like there's around a 17 IT openings currently. This is just jhhs, the hospital side. There's a separate search site for the university jobs (even though we all work together in the same place).
    Here's the jhu search site, there's even more there. https://hrnt.jhu.edu/jhujobs/job_search.cfm Let me know which one's you're looking at, and if I know the hiring person, I'll try to put in a good word for ya!

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Try here https://www.healthcaresource.com/jo...CE252CF443E5F&jsessionid=c830bf044a17284df763
    Looks like there's around a 17 IT openings currently. This is just jhhs, the hospital side. There's a separate search site for the university jobs (even though we all work together in the same place).
    Here's the jhu search site, there's even more there. https://hrnt.jhu.edu/jhujobs/job_search.cfm Let me know which one's you're looking at, and if I know the hiring person, I'll try to put in a good word for ya!

Cool, thanks!

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    Joe,

It breaks my heart to hear about your troubles. Life is not fair, and I hate to see good people suffer. Hang in there, It will get better sooner or later.
    Try to reach out to friends and fambly for support.

What kind of IT work do you do? I'm a network admin, also looking for work.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    For those that have asked:

I am an experienced helpdesk phone monkey. I have worked in IT for an ISP, the hospitality industry and the healthcare industry. I have instructed users/colleagues in the use of applications, have written some documentation, and have created more user accounts within numerous applications.....

I've been in IT for about 9 years.

With all the messages I have been receiving from folks, I have dedicated tomorrow as my "bust it all out" day. It would have been today, but I have a few errands to run in a little bit.

Again, I cannot begin to thank everyone. It's all a little too much attention right now.....Thanks, all, for letting me vent.

It makes me feel better that others are in the same boat....sorta. I feel for them as they feel for me.

We'll make it through.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    For whatever it's worth, with spring here, there's a lot of lawns that will need mowing and gardens that will need weeding. It's not a lot, and maybe not even regular, but there are more than a few homeowners who can get off of $20 to avoid working in the heat.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Hey Joe, if you see anything through the STG link i sent send me your resume and what slots you might be interested in. I will be happy to give you a reference and be sure to get it into the right recruiters hands.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Just applied at Home Depot's website. I have reason to believe that they share their application process with the CIA......

just sayin....

lowes is like that. check them out as well, they are starting to hire up for spring and have 2 news stores opening this year/early next year.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Best of luck to you Joe. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I only know you from reading your posts, but can tell you're a hard worker and a man of character. It won't be long before someone on the other side of an interview desk recognizes that also.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    With all the leads I have gotten in the last few hours from folks here, I see what I am doing for the rest of this week :) It's gonna be a full time job going through all the leads.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom