• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    or Adams County.. In fact you send no money with application, pay when pick up.

paulfx273

Apr 15, 2013
    Need Help

Does any one have a CCW permit in Maryland that would be willing to share your good and substantial reason verbiage with me. I teach the wear and carry course and would love to be able to share reasons that have qualified in the past. This can be done in private if you prefer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. somdfirearms@gmail.com

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Does any one have a CCW permit in Maryland that would be willing to share your good and substantial reason verbiage with me. I teach the wear and carry course and would love to be able to share reasons that have qualified in the past. This can be done in private if you prefer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. somdfirearms@gmail.com

YOU HAVE TO BE DEAD IN ORDER TO HAVE YOUR G&S

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

First off, we are a kind group, the kind of group that would like to know who they are speaking with. You can do that here.https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119
    Once you do that the #1 Question is ,, are you set up as a business?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Funny you would mention that. I may want to take the course. Where are you located? Send me a PM with your information and next class schedule.

Looking forward to talking to you.

straightravage

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 17, 2017
    9618b9e3772f0b8c2fe95e42ca005aa9.jpg

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    FWIW two active duty friends just got approved for MD concealed carry.

Both used OPM breach, TS/SCI access, an ISIS as their justification.

Another two retired Navy guys have completed their interviews using the same justification (word for word as the two active duty guys) and are waiting to hear back from MSP.

Unrestricted or off duty restriction?

I don't know - I'll ask.

A third active duty guy got their approval back this week - "Restrictions: Off base while in service of the US Military (MD Only). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law" Essentially unrestricted. All three with OPM breach, TS/SCI access, an ISIS as their justification (they actually shared the same wording). The retired guy had his MSP interview last week and is waiting, he used the same justification write-up.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
      Slide1.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 466

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A third active duty guy got their approval back this week - "Restrictions: Off base while in service of the US Military (MD Only). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law" Essentially unrestricted. All three with OPM breach, TS/SCI access, an ISIS as their justification (they actually shared the same wording). The retired guy had his MSP interview last week and is waiting, he used the same justification write-up.

Good information to have. Congrats to your buds and thank them for their service for me.

PitStop

Jan 26, 2017
    Here are what have been my application timelines -
    1/6/17 - Completed carry training course

1/17/17 - Mailed Florida CCW application
    1/31/17 - Florida check cashed
    2/16/17 - Florida CCW permit issued
    2/18/17 - Florida permit received at mailbox

1/9/17 - Mailed Utah application
    2/1/17 - Utah check cashed
    3/18/17 - Utah permit received at mailbox

1/14/17 - Mailed Maryland W&C application
    1/24/17 - Maryland check cashed
    3/28/17 - MSP interview conducted (as far as I know, I have not be DQed yet)

If MD is approved, I plan to apply for PA also.

MSP informed me that if you are applying for MD W&C as an employee (carrying while conducting business for your employer), the letter from your employer must state that they are "requesting" you to carry. A letter from your employer "allowing" you to carry during business hours is no longer acceptable. Basically they want the employer to take responsibility for your carrying.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    "Restrictions: Off base while in service of the US Military (MD Only). Not valid where firearms are prohibited by law" Essentially unrestricted.

I don't know if that's "essentially unrestricted", knowing MSP, they meant, that you can carry as long as you are on duty performing work for the military...you can read it in so many ways...

And why do they continue using the "Off base" BS when Maryland cant enforce it on a base...it shouldn't be on it, period! Just a rhetorical statement

This is why MSP needs a standard restriction codes just like DMV and the rest..MSP is just making up crap..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom