• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blr

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery County, MD
    Hello,

Every once in a while I have conversations at the range (Gilbert's in Rockville) with other shooters. This topic keeps coming up...

Are you allowed to holster carry (open) or hand carry on your property in MD?

Thanks,

B~

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Yes.
    I'll add that, if your in a townhome or townhouse. Your neighbors might call the police. Plus, the "redflag" nightmare is coming too. Just things to consider. YMMV.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    As all others have stated, yes, 100% allowable on your property, inside and outside. I would also highly encourage everyone to do so. We have friends who, unfortunately, live in Balt City and were sitting on their porch and accosted by common thugs a few years ago and forced back into their house and tied up while the pieces of shits ransacked their house. Luckily, they don't have kids and no one was shot but my buddy was pistol whipped and they kept threatening to rape his wife. ALWAYS carry whenever you can. Even though we can't properly defend our lives in public in the People's Republic of MD, take full advantage of the fact you can carry 'onsite' to defend your house and family.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Hello,

Every once in a while I have conversations at the range (Gilbert's in Rockville) with other shooters. This topic keeps coming up...

Thanks,

B~

Hand carrying would likely get someone shot. Would likely be construed as an active threat (rightfully so, imo)

Concealed or open carry completely legal on your own property.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    As all others have stated, yes, 100% allowable on your property, inside and outside. I would also highly encourage everyone to do so. We have friends who, unfortunately, live in Balt City and were sitting on their porch and accosted by common thugs a few years ago and forced back into their house and tied up while the pieces of shits ransacked their house. Luckily, they don't have kids and no one was shot but my buddy was pistol whipped and they kept threatening to rape his wife. ALWAYS carry whenever you can. Even though we can't properly defend our lives in public in the People's Republic of MD, take full advantage of the fact you can carry 'onsite' to defend your house and family.

Yes, but I think that if you use deadly force with a firearm on your property in MD before you've ran back into your house, up the stairs and cowered in a closet screaming "I FEAR FOR MY LIFE, I FEAR FOR MY LIFE" (with a 911 operator on the phone) you will be in a heap of trouble.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Hello,

Thanks,

B~

Don't hand carry, the typical bystander will interpret it as brandishing. Always carry in a holster attached to your belt.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or shoulder holster, or ankle , or fanny pack, or pocket , or even Mexican style .

Even hand carried not prohibited per se , but in most circumstances not wise .

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    Yes.

But watch out for the small strip of land adjacent to public roads.

Carrying while getting the mail may be bad juju.

Correct. Check your deed. Out in the unincorportated lands the property owners own and pay tax to the center of the right of Way. The right of way is just that. People are allowed to cross your property using the way as the path and not any other place. It has to do with English property common law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom