• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Has anyone else hid some of their guns in case they get red flagged lol?

I dont expect anyone to answer this for obvious reasons

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There were lots of reasons before the red flag law to acquire off the books firearms and store them in strategic safe locations... not a new concept.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I just posted this question in another thread but also appropriate here -
    Can an ERPO be filed against kids?

I don't think so because they can't legally own guns in MD.

Being that gun a legal owner is the "qualifier".

Illegal guns and those disqualified to own guns don't count.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I just posted this question in another thread but also appropriate here -
    Can an ERPO be filed against kids?

Most children are not supposed to have unsupervised access to firearms. One of the elements that needs to be proven is that the Respondent poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to the Respondent, Petitioner, or another by possessing a firearm.

If the child possesses a firearm, then I believe an ERPO could be brought against the child.

Keep in mind that there is another law on the books that requires parents/guardians to keep loaded firearms away from children. I know the age requirement is somewhere below the age of 18, but that law would also come into play here. Don't think that Maryland has a law against somebody under 18 possessing a shotgun or rifle, so it is quite possible that a child could possess a firearm. Alright, under the age of 16 a loaded firearm must be locked up and kept away from kids.

https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Docume...egoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)&bhcp=1

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    The very first part of the bill states that the petition must be signed under the penalty of perjury. So, if the petitioner perjures themselves while filing the petition or while testifying in court, how can the petition have been brought in "good faith" when the definition of perjury is that they are lying under oath? I seriously doubt that the bill insulates them from perjury charges because they have brought the petition in "good faith".

Fabski,

The Family Law Court of full or perjurers!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Most children are not supposed to have unsupervised access to firearms. One of the elements that needs to be proven is that the Respondent poses an immediate and present danger of causing personal injury to the Respondent, Petitioner, or another by possessing a firearm.

If the child possesses a firearm, then I believe an ERPO could be brought against the child.

Keep in mind that there is another law on the books that requires parents/guardians to keep loaded firearms away from children. I know the age requirement is somewhere below the age of 18, but that law would also come into play here. Don't think that Maryland has a law against somebody under 18 possessing a shotgun or rifle, so it is quite possible that a child could possess a firearm. Alright, under the age of 16 a loaded firearm must be locked up and kept away from kids.

https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Docume...egoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)&bhcp=1

Tell that to Chirstine Blasey Ford. If your recollection is of something and it may or may not be true, then how can you prove perjury?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

If the child has passed a hunter education course then firearms do not have to be locked. Unless this too was recently changed.

Harford County Schools is wasting no time in asking questions. From last night. I've already told my son to not answer any questions about guns.

Good evening,

The Maryland school survey, a*school climate survey,*will be provided to students in grades 5-11 between October 8 and November 9. This state required survey collects feedback from students regarding instruction, relationships with adults, school safety, and overall climate in their school. Each school will choose their specific dates within that window. The survey should take approximately 30 minutes for each student to complete.

For further information, please click here or look on the Maryland School Survey link under ‘Communications’ on the home page of hcps.org. Should you have any additional questions, please contact your child’s school.

Thank you.

This e-mail has been sent to you by HARFORD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    If the child has passed a hunter education course then firearms do not have to be locked. Unless this too was recently changed.

Harford County Schools is wasting no time in asking questions. From last night. I've already told my son to not answer any questions about guns.

Good evening,

The Maryland school survey, a*school climate survey,*will be provided to students in grades 5-11 between October 8 and November 9. This state required survey collects feedback from students regarding instruction, relationships with adults, school safety, and overall climate in their school. Each school will choose their specific dates within that window. The survey should take approximately 30 minutes for each student to complete.

For further information, please click here or look on the Maryland School Survey link under ‘Communications’ on the home page of hcps.org. Should you have any additional questions, please contact your child’s school.

Thank you.

This e-mail has been sent to you by HARFORD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this

Wow, how many people are letting their children be subjected to this type of questioning at such a young age?
    Is there an option to not undergo this 30 minute investigation at the age of 5? Have they also sent out the questions to parents?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Wow, how many people are letting their children be subjected to this type of questioning at such a young age?
    Is there an option to not undergo this 30 minute investigation at the age of 5? Have they also sent out the questions to parents?

In my experience, Public Schools in MD question (interrogate) minors without their parents or guardians permission or knowledge.

The only option to avoid this is to use private school or home school.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    To those saying that perjurers are punished, please show me where. I want to see data because in my experience people who file false reports and fabricate stories don't get punished unless they target someone important, and even then it's rare.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Good evening,

Thank you.

The school climate survey has nothing to do with guns or with 1302. It's something that they do every year (they do it in Baltimore County and everywhere else in Maryland, since it's required by state law) in order to gauge the overall feeling of the students about their schools. Do the kids generally feel safe? Do they feel like the teachers are doing a good job?

If you want to see the kinds of questions that are asked, look here:

http://sharedaccountability.mcpsmd....t.php?survey=2012SSE&l=0&type=Student&sch=406

Strongly Agree Agree Disagree Strongly Disagree N Responses
    Academic Environment
    1. My teachers explain things when I don't understand. 25.0 63.8 9.2 2.0 705
    2. My teachers help me when I don't understand. 25.2 65.1 8.4 1.3 702
    3. My teachers help me when I want to learn more about a subject. 17.9 62.8 16.0 3.3 698
    4. My teachers give me prompt feedback on my assignments. 12.8 52.3 29.8 5.1 702
    5. My teachers tell me how I do on my assignments, tests, and homework assignments. 21.7 60.8 15.0 2.6 701
    6. I have the opportunity to ask my teachers about my assignments. 27.2 62.8 9.2 0.9 699
    7. My teachers explain to me how to do my homework. 17.6 60.9 17.4 4.1 700
    8. My teachers have high expectations for me to do well in school. 34.2 53.9 9.6 2.3 698
    9. My teachers listen to my ideas. 17.0 57.1 21.6 4.3 700
    10. It is easy to talk to teachers about things that bother me. 11.7 36.9 37.7 13.7 700
    Student-Staff Relationship
    11. School staff treats students fairly. 17.7 60.3 16.6 5.4 700
    12. If needed, I know that I can talk to a school administrator about a problem. 22.5 55.3 17.8 4.4 698
    13. There is an adult at school I can talk to when I have personal problems. 19.0 41.7 29.5 9.8 695
    14. School staff is friendly and helpful. 19.4 66.0 12.6 2.0 697
    15. If I got into trouble, the school staff would treat me fairly. 16.0 56.2 20.0 7.8 694
    Student-Student Relationship
    16. I get along with other students in this school. 38.6 53.7 4.8 2.8 702
    17. Students help one another in this school. 22.9 53.6 17.5 6.0 702
    18. Students care about each other in this school. 17.4 48.6 25.2 8.8 702
    19. I feel welcomed at this school. 29.0 58.1 8.0 5.0 701
    Student Responsibility
    20. School staff encourages students to respect others. 34.7 56.5 6.6 2.2 695
    21. This school encourages students to respect the rights of other students. 32.9 56.4 8.7 2.0 692
    22. This school teaches students to be responsible for their own behavior. 30.2 56.4 10.2 3.2 693
    23. This school encourages students to help one another. 25.0 57.7 13.7 3.5 691
    Safe, Drug-Free, and Conducive to Learning
    24. I feel safe at school. 33.3 54.4 7.8 4.4 702
    25. My belongings are safe in this school. 8.7 39.7 31.5 20.1 702
    26. Students in this school are well-behaved. 8.3 47.5 33.3 10.9 699
    27. I can work in my classroom without being bothered by other students. 12.0 55.6 24.1 8.3 698
    28. In this school, students teasing other students is a problem. 10.3 38.0 44.3 7.3 697
    29. In this school, students bullying other students is a problem. 9.6 31.4 46.7 12.3 698
    30. In this school, drug use is a problem. 21.3 36.9 30.1 11.7 694
    31. In this school, alcohol use is a problem. 24.5 37.0 28.1 10.5 695

A B C D N Responses
    Overall Satisfaction
    32. What grade would you give your school? 40.4 46.4 9.3 3.9 688

It's nothing to freak out about, and it certainly has nothing to do with Red Flag Orders.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    To those saying that perjurers are punished, please show me where. I want to see data because in my experience people who file false reports and fabricate stories don't get punished unless they target someone important, and even then it's rare.

Agree. I'm am a landlord. People perjurer themselves all the time. GO to the states attorney and they laugh at you. In my old county, one of those was the governor's daughter.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In a perfect world, 1302s would be a great idea. But we don't live in a perfect world. Those that think that this law won't be abused, is only kidding themselves. The system is rigged against us in Maryland, do you honestly think the Red Flag Law won't be as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom