• 20200214_180147.jpg
      20200214_180147.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 536

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    So this is a pre pic post

Well, I ordered an unfinished Ironwood Designs stock set for my SLR 95, Kusmi Amber button shellac from Wellermart, and some “reddish brown” transtint along with denatured alcohol. Also adding a 2nd gen Izhevsk Bakelite to the mix
    Come early March, the project will begin I’d imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    So this is a pre pic post

Well, I ordered an unfinished Ironwood Designs stock set for my SLR 95, Kusmi Amber button shellac from Wellermart, and some “reddish brown” transtint along with denatured alcohol. Also adding a 2nd gen Izhevsk Bakelite to the mix
    Come early March, the project will begin I’d imagine.

Please post pics once it’s done. I’m jonesing for another AK and I’m looking at the WBP Fox from Poland. The new ones are getting rave reviews on AKFiles.

Edit: I asked for pics because your pictures are always top notch :thumbsup:

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Please post pics once it’s done. I’m jonesing for another AK and I’m looking at the WBP Fox from Poland. The new ones are getting rave reviews on AKFiles.

Thank you for the compliment! I will! It’ll be a little while until the stock set arrives. Ironwood posts a note on site saying stock sets ship at up to 14 days after order. Final sanding and prep, etc. but pics are definitely going to be a part of it! I’m going to document the process

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thank you for the compliment! I will! It’ll be a little while until the stock set arrives. Ironwood posts a note on site saying stock sets ship at up to 14 days after order. Final sanding and prep, etc. but pics are definitely going to be a part of it! I’m going to document the process

Looking forward to it.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017

I picked up a WBP Fox Classic from this latest batch Atlantic sold and the fit and finish is phenomenal. Everything feels tight, but not too tight. Good trigger. Appropriately gassed. The paint job is good. About as accurate as an AK can be expected to be. You can tell WBP prides themselves on making a good product.

I bought this as a bit of a collectible that I don't plan on shooting much, but it would do great in that role too. Larry Vickers has gone on record stating that Polish and German AKs are of the best quality. I presume he was talking about FB Radom AKs, but WBP certainly appears to be determined to uphold the standard.

I'd post a pic but resizing isn't convenient from my phone and I don't want to blast everyone with a gigantic imgur embed.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I picked up a WBP Fox Classic from this latest batch Atlantic sold and the fit and finish is phenomenal. Everything feels tight, but not too tight. Good trigger. Appropriately gassed. The paint job is good. About as accurate as an AK can be expected to be. You can tell WBP prides themselves on making a good product.

I bought this as a bit of a collectible that I don't plan on shooting much, but it would do great in that role too. Larry Vickers has gone on record stating that Polish and German AKs are of the best quality. I presume he was talking about FB Radom AKs, but WBP certainly appears to be determined to uphold the standard.

I'd post a pic but resizing isn't convenient from my phone and I don't want to blast everyone with a gigantic imgur embed.

I’m definitely jealous. I just missed this latest batch from Atlantic. I got the “Back in stock” email and by the time I got home from work, they were sold out. I believe the barrels in the latest version are made by FB Radom.
    I hope to snag one when they get the next shipment in April.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I’m definitely jealous. I just missed this latest batch from Atlantic. I got the “Back in stock” email and by the time I got home from work, they were sold out. I believe the barrels in the latest version are made by FB Radom.
    I hope to snag one when they get the next shipment in April.

Barrels are for sure FB Radom, not sure what else in there is, might be more. WBP is a subcontractor for Radom so I guess they purchase/trade parts quite frequently.

Right now the only major ding against them is that they are commercial and don't fill military contracts aka aren't battle tested. Not sure that is really the case, as Atlantic has started hinting that they do fill contracts. Or if that is not the case, it won't be for long. They make a really nice AK.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If anyone is interested in a beautiful Russian AKM buttstock and handguard set shoot me a pm. I have one laying around that I am looking to sell off.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    624dfcceb35a82a6756d2baf603b6e34.jpg

Last teaser! This is the difference of two coats at whole tint value. The crappy cell phone pics don’t really show the real color. Tomorrow, I believe, will be assembly day. I’m going to post a dedicated thread to the work in progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom