• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1-504 PIR

Jul 31, 2015
    West Virginia
    I have a Sparrow, Mask and Spectre II. If I was to buy a duplicate it would be the Spectre II

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This. Spectre or Dead air Mask or eqiv. . Stay away from anything with a monocore or aluminum. Monocores will have a mooch louder FRP and aluminum can be a beaotch to clean. You want stainless steel baffles.

BTW this a 45 vs 9mm type of question. But my answer is the correct one. :D

I have a monocore in a rimfire can, and it is quiet as hell, even the FRP isn't as bad as you might think.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a monocore in a rimfire can, and it is quiet as hell, even the FRP isn't as bad as you might think.

I have shot NUMEROUS mono cores and baffled 22 cans side by side. The mono cores always have a louder FRP. I didn't say they weren't quiet. Mono's are a pain to clean too.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Interesting. Does a serviceable 9mm can do well suppressing a 22lr?

It should do well on a 22, but I wont do it. The Doc like 9mm cans on 22's.
    I don't want the leading in my 9mm cans. The problem with shooting 22 suppressed is the lead that will eventually weld itself to the internals as well as the cover. I
    f the 9 mm can has SS baffles, it will be easier to clean via the dip or tumbling with SS pins. Both create a nasty mixture when done. Google it.

I would get a dedicated can for 22.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I think just about any modern .22 can with stainless or titanium internals will work for the OP. I went with surefire Ryder 22 stainless and Mack Bros Vapor. Both were on sale and have performed well. I'm not sure I could tell a difference. I have heard that the Rugged Oculus, dead air mask, tbac .22 takedown, q El Camino, and Silencerco switchback are the cream of the crop when it comes to .22lr but I am not sure my use of semiautomatic .22 firearms will really allow me to benefit.

My advice: find a strong relatively light can at a price you can live with and go with that. There are probably 2 dozen or more of those on the market. Your options open up considerably if you are willing to use aluminum / a soda blaster. Honestly probably any of the available options on Silencershop's website would make you happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom