• ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Boats on first?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    so you are willing to have said firearm pointed at your body but not at your fuel tank? that will literally not explode if you shoot it...

have you ever heard of a gun going off in the holster without an external force? other than some crappy springfield or a few recalled sigs?

I mean, in fairness I also wasn’t willing to take a shot on a groundhog that was standing on a couple gas cans with one behind him.

But that’s a series of events to have your CCW discharge. Make it in to or through the tank AND manage to ignite it.

Taking a deliberate shot “right at” some cans of gas is high levels of stupidity. Especially since it was my neighbors gas cans (she’s fine with me whacking groundhogs if they are on her property. Probably not okay poking holes in her gas cans). The kicker was 2 minutes before when I went running for my 22 the damn ground pig was standing on a pile of cinder blocks with cinder blocks as a back stop.

Damn thing stood there watching me for 10 minutes on the gas cans 30yds away before it ducked in to its burrow.

He knew what he was doin.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Last year I was kayaking with my daughter,fiance and a friend's wife.A guy ,who was trolling,made a beeline towards shore and acted like he was going to run over my friend's wife.He looked at me and I said WTF? and he steered his boat away from us.This was at Cordorus

Fishing from our kayaks in creek off of Choptank river this past Sunday,a boat idles his way past us up the creek.We were tucked up on the shore line,so we werent blocking the channel in any way.An hour later he idles down towards us and as soon as he gets there,he guns the boat through the hole and takes off.My fiance took water over the side.If she wasnt grounded ,she may have capsized.She got totally drenched along with her backpack.It ruined the rest of her day....I was so pissed ,I was hoping the guy would come back,I had a hand full of slip sinkers I was willing to part with.I was at a different angle so it wasnt too bad for me.

I am seriously thinking about taking my slingshot and some marbles with me from now on.Tired of being f##ed with. Cowards wont do that shit to someone in a bigger boat.They know there is no way for me to catch them.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Last year I was kayaking with my daughter,fiance and a friend's wife.A guy ,who was trolling,made a beeline towards shore and acted like he was going to run over my friend's wife.He looked at me and I said WTF? and he steered his boat away from us.This was at Cordorus

Fishing from our kayaks in creek off of Choptank river this past Sunday,a boat idles his way past us up the creek.We were tucked up on the shore line,so we werent blocking the channel in any way.An hour later he idles down towards us and as soon as he gets there,he guns the boat through the hole and takes off.My fiance took water over the side.If she wasnt grounded ,she may have capsized.She got totally drenched along with her backpack.It ruined the rest of her day....I was so pissed ,I was hoping the guy would come back,I had a hand full of slip sinkers I was willing to part with.I was at a different angle so it wasnt too bad for me.

I am seriously thinking about taking my slingshot and some marbles with me from now on.Tired of being f##ed with. Cowards wont do that shit to someone in a bigger boat.They know there is no way for me to catch them.

Well that really sucks, particularly when a friend has a bad time on your trip. It sounds like you need the equivalent of a Dash Cam for your kayak, maybe a GoPro and a cell phone to call DNR.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Pirates.....duh.

Are pirates a problem on the bay and its tributaries.

I spent quite a bit of my youth on the shores of and on the Potomac and on the bay. Never once were we approached by another vessel unless it was the VA water cops, two 300 lb fat guys, pistols strapped to their side, in a 17 ft. tri-hull that had about 3 inches of free board. Every time I saw these guys I thought we were going to have to rescue them.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Howdy, I'm just concerned carrying directly over 200+ gallons of gasoline, 2400CCA of a battery bank, wiring, etc. if there is an alternative, like a dedicated boat long gun on a hot, 95* day, dripping sweat, fish blood, etc..,

Are you afraid for being robbed for your fish? Robbed for your boat? Having your babes abducted? What is the threat on the bay?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Are you afraid for being robbed for your fish? Robbed for your boat? Having your babes abducted? What is the threat on the bay?

I’ll bite. I am on my boat about half of the time when the weather’s warm (so far this season) - effectively living and working from here when I can. My marina isn’t in a high traffic area (rural area with some meth around). I have a gun at home for self defense, and the potential threats are the same on the boat. Why not keep a firearm on the boat? I usually just bring whatever I happen to be carrying at the time aboard with me, but I’m not opposed to the idea of a dedicated “boat gun.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom