• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I know I can call the OOS FFL but wanted to ask from the Maryland side to see if I'm asking the correct questions.

I know if I go out of state I can buy a long gun from a Dealer that will just run a NCIS check (and make sure it's MD legal if questionable)

If I were to purchase a long gun from an OOS individual and make the the transfer at an OOS FFL, is that legal or would the FFL have to sign it into their books and act as intermediate? I presume they would charge a fee and run the same NCIS, but I'm not sure of the details.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    You may want to make sure they will do a sale to MD resident, some will not due to the obscure MD laws.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The ATF's current procedure for FFLs facilitating a person to person transfer is to do the 4473 and run NICS first. Then once NICS comes back as approved, the FFL logs in the gun and then logs it out to the transferee. If NICS is delayed or the transfer doesn't happen for whatever reason, the FFL returns the gun straight to the transferor as long as they did not leave it in the FFL's possession and it doesn't get logged, but the FFL still retains the 4473.

Edit: Look up Procedure 2017-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom