• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was told and read that as long as a pistol is the first build on a virgin lower, that you can then build it into a rifle and back to pistol as often as you want. I'm not saying you're wrong, fact is, I'm not sure.

You might be right; I just know you can't start as a rifle and then build into a pistol. My main point is that if OP gets a complete lower, then he forfeits that option.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

gungnir

Feb 6, 2013
    Could you buy a stripped lower from a dealer in Virginia as an "other" and bring it back to MD?
    What about MD paperwork?

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Fvck that. Looks like I won't be buying a stripped lower any time soon.

Which really sucks cause there is a set in the classifieds I was ready to go for.

I feel you on that. I just moved here from Utah, where you can walk in and out with a firearm in less then 10 minutes if you have your ccw. I decided to leave all of my pistols and anything else that had to be registered with my friend, so all I have here in MD is a couple of long guns. I probably won't be buying anything while I'm here unfortunately.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Reading this thread, it occurred to me that life would be so much easier if Maryland's elected officials honored and upheld their oaths of office, in which they pledge fidelity to the US Constitution.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    no. that's not what he is saying, I think.

must be pistol or hbar.

i think he is saying "if it could have been built at one time (before 10/2013) into an 'assault weapon', then the frame must still be 77r'ed".

And why does a lower transferred as rifle need a 77r if it can only be built into a non-banned hbar which is cash-n-carry? Maryland / libtard logic has infested MSP LD.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes exactly that. Sorry it wasn’t clear.

It is why AK receivers can be transferred, but also must be on a 77r. You can build one in to an AK pistol.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    no. that's not what he is saying, I think.

must be pistol or hbar.

i think he is saying "if it could have been built at one time (before 10/2013) into an 'assault weapon', then the frame must still be 77r'ed".

And why does a lower transferred as rifle need a 77r if it can only be built into a non-banned hbar which is cash-n-carry? Maryland / libtard logic has infested MSP LD.

A stripped or complete lower must be transferred as an other per Federal law as it is neither a handgun nor a longgun. It should not be transferred as a rifle even if that is the ultimate intent of the purchaser. The Feds have been clear about that since ~2010.

Here are the instructions from the back of the 4473 (straight from the horse's mouth)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g7KU0ECnhsYiedaQB4MZuK0f2PlMdpsR/view

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    A stripped or complete lower must be transferred as an other per Federal law as it is neither a handgun nor a longgun. It should not be transferred as a rifle even if that is the ultimate intent of the purchaser. The Feds have been clear about that since ~2010.

Here are the instructions from the back of the 4473 (straight from the horse's mouth)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g7KU0ECnhsYiedaQB4MZuK0f2PlMdpsR/view
    yes, i know it can't be sold without at least 4473.

Must be 21 or older and must be in-state. but why asking MSP to be NICS contact in this case? can't FFL01 simply do 4473 without doing 77r+7 day wait?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    yes, i know it can't be sold without at least 4473.

Must be 21 or older and must be in-state. but why asking MSP to be NICS contact in this case? can't FFL01 simply do 4473 without doing 77r+7 day wait?

Because MSP says they must and no one has wanted to litigate the matter.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Lazarus said. None of this is logical, or makes sense . It's all * Because MSP LD says so * .

A cpl of FFLs , particularly Engage , poked MSP with sticks to get to the current situation. Anything further needs litigation , and with the backlog of litigation worthy firearms topics , and finite resources, bare recievers hasn't made the juice/ squeeze calculations yet .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom