• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    While the DC laws on possession of ammunition are clearly in need of fixing, wasn't this the case where they only charged him with this because evidence for more serious offenses was thrown out due to an improper search by MPD? Or am I thinking of a different case? I seem to recall very poor reporting all around.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The final paragraph says it all ...

Mr. Witaschek and his wife moved to Virginia after his arrest in 2012. On the way out of the courtroom after his conviction, Mr. Witaschek said that the court clerk came up to him privately and said, “I’m glad you don’t live in D.C. anymore. These people are nuts about guns.”

No, they're just nucking futz ... PERIOD.

Criminals and corruption rule the day (and night) in DC in its totality. Move out, build a wall around it and call in Snake Plissken.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    While the DC laws on possession of ammunition are clearly in need of fixing, wasn't this the case where they only charged him with this because evidence for more serious offenses was thrown out due to an improper search by MPD? Or am I thinking of a different case? I seem to recall very poor reporting all around.
    No matter how you slice it, it was a ******** prosecution from the start, regardless of the quality, or lack thereof, of Emily Miller's reporting. DC just completely sucks all the way around.....traffic cameras, discriminatory breed-specific dog laws, and the most inane gun laws in the country, just to name a few of the reasons I hate to even set foot in that ********.

F-CK DC.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    My daughter works in property management in that cespool,she is always outraged after a day in dc housing court,people's rent less than 100$ and they owe thousands and you still can't rid of them,they even expect to reimbursed for taxi or metro to court,I have to pay my own way to wirk or court,they are no different but it is bred into them.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    No matter how you slice it, it was a ******** prosecution from the start, regardless of the quality, or lack thereof, of Emily Miller's reporting. DC just completely sucks all the way around.....traffic cameras, discriminatory breed-specific dog laws, and the most inane gun laws in the country, just to name a few of the reasons I hate to even set foot in that ********.

F-CK DC.

And don't forget willfully ignoring SCOTUS in the Heller decision. A real stand-up place.

Maybe we could give it to Iran.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The judge and the lawyers involved will make hundreds of thousands of dollars off of this, mostly paid for by the taxpayers.

Now, they will make hundreds of thousands MORE dollars.

THAT is the real crime that is being committed here, and 99% of the population is too stupid to realize they're being scammed.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    As outrageous and damaging as this is to the Mr. Witaschek, an appellate decision striking the code section down is far better in the long wrong. A not guilty finding today would leave the code on the books to be used against the next guy.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    The judge and the lawyers involved will make hundreds of thousands of dollars off of this, mostly paid for by the taxpayers.

Now, they will make hundreds of thousands MORE dollars.

THAT is the real crime that is being committed here, and 99% of the population is too stupid to realize they're being scammed.

This ^^^^^

A life unnecessarily disrupted, and probably financially destroyed. And a boat load of our money spent for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever, with tons more to be spent in what amounts to an expensive and completely unnecessary effort to overturn mind boggling stupidity. "Our Nation's Capitol"...........yeah.:sad20:

The only thing this man is guilty of is having the misfortune of living in what has become the shi*hole of a once proud nation, now largely populated by useless thugs and even more useless elitist bureaucrats. Worthless sons of bit*&es. ought to be thrown out by their ears. :mad54:

pc1256

Jan 21, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I don't think we really want to hear anything about your balls, and if I were you I'd keep their size to myself. :lol2:

Haha :lol:
    But this is kind of scary, just because he had some little balls (No balls balls,,, you know) "the guy in the article" and he gets charged. What's happening. :tdown:

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    As outrageous and damaging as this is to the Mr. Witaschek, an appellate decision striking the code section down is far better in the long wrong. A not guilty finding today would leave the code on the books to be used against the next guy.
    I think Witaschek will win on appeal, due to it being to an allowed antique firearm. But I think the code may stand. The same code survived appeal in Massachusetts where convictions on parts of ammunition were upheld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom