• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmm just right up my ally since i have driven from here to Boston Direct without stopping more times then I care to count and yes up into NH as well after the pit stop at the Vince Lombardi Rest area. then drive on until I come to I91 and head north then depending on where I am going in New England I can keep going north on I91 to I84 to I90 and est to I495 which is the outer beltway around Boston and take I495 North to US 3 North which is part tolls and or keep on going on 495 to I93 north into Manchester NH. You will find that route up I91 to I84 to I90 is a ol motorcoach drivers short cut and less traffic then taking I95 all the way up to I495 outside of Boston. By taking that route I91 to I84 to I90 to I495 and up to Manchester its around 470 miles. I went back into my old trips that I have saved when I drove charter coaches and went thru my records until I found that routing. When you planing to make the trip?? Also expect around $60 to $80 in tolls. Of course you will have the cross the GW one way and that lone If i remember right is about $10 to $20 ..

PS I live about 200yrds from the Leisure World South Gate and 100yds from MCFD Co#25

Dug deeper into my past records, you can take I95 north/NJ Turnpike up to I287/I87 to I84 to I90 and continue on to NH its 525 miles that way plus some tolls as well.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah

Hmm just right up my ally since i have driven from here to Boston Direct without stopping more times then I care to count and yes up into NH as well after the pit stop at the Vince Lombardi Rest area. then drive on until I come to I91 and head north then depending on where I am going in New England I can keep going north on I91 to I84 to I90 and est to I495 which is the outer beltway around Boston and take I495 North to US 3 North which is part tolls and or keep on going on 495 to I93 north into Manchester NH. You will find that route up I91 to I84 to I90 is a ol motorcoach drivers short cut and less traffic then taking I95 all the way up to I495 outside of Boston. By taking that route I91 to I84 to I90 to I495 and up to Manchester its around 470 miles. I went back into my old trips that I have saved when I drove charter coaches and went thru my records until I found that routing. When you planing to make the trip?? Also expect around $60 to $80 in tolls. Of course you will have the cross the GW one way and that lone If i remember right is about $10 to $20 ..

PS I live about 200yrds from the Leisure World South Gate and 100yds from MCFD Co#25

I usually go through Harrisburg towards Reading then up through Tappanzee to go to VT- really only toll is the bridge. Then near Springfield head East. Mass TrnPike. Same as your path

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ok there many ways you can get up into NH but Their are 2 routes that I would take depending on the time leaving here.

Rt 1 up I95 to NJ turnpike, then stop at vince larmbardie rest area at the end of the turnpike, then go across the GW to I91 then north to I84 to I90 east to I495 the Boston outer beltway to I93 up into NH. its about an 485 mile trip that way and I dug into my past records to make sure of the routing. You do NOT want to go on any of the parkways which are tolls and 2 lanes only each way plus a lot of congestion as well.

2) Take 95 north get on the NJ turnpike until I come to I287 which turns into I87 north. Take I84 east until I come to I90 in mass to the boston outer beltway and head north to I93 up into NH. It is about 525 miles that way plus you miss the nothern part of NJ Turnpike plus the GW Bridge and all that construction plus traveling thru NYC on I95 to get to the New England freeway.

Those are the most traveled routs that I took when driving charter coaches unless i had to cross the GW outside of NYC when I had customers on the coach. If I am driving that long of a distance I like to travel at night and keep it within 5 to 7mph of the speed limit as well unless you have vehicles passing you like you are sitting still and let them go ahead of you to get the the ticket. Also if you have ezpass put a bunch of $$$$ on it to go thru the tolls and you will save yourself some time that way plus having to stop and pay the toll where they can see into your vehicle.

When are you leaving and I live here by the south gate of leisure world as well. If you have any other questions send me a PM..

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    goodonya

Ok there many ways you can get up into NH but Their are 2 routes that I would take depending on the time leaving here.

Rt 1 up I95 to NJ turnpike, then stop at vince larmbardie rest area at the end of the turnpike, then go across the GW to I91 then north to I84 to I90 east to I495 the Boston outer beltway to I93 up into NH. its about an 485 mile trip that way and I dug into my past records to make sure of the routing. You do NOT want to go on any of the parkways which are tolls and 2 lanes only each way plus a lot of congestion as well.

2) Take 95 north get on the NJ turnpike until I come to I287 which turns into I87 north. Take I84 east until I come to I90 in mass to the boston outer beltway and head north to I93 up into NH. It is about 525 miles that way plus you miss the nothern part of NJ Turnpike plus the GW Bridge and all that construction plus traveling thru NYC on I95 to get to the New England freeway.

Those are the most traveled routs that I took when driving charter coaches unless i had to cross the GW outside of NYC when I had customers on the coach. If I am driving that long of a distance I like to travel at night and keep it within 5 to 7mph of the speed limit as well unless you have vehicles passing you like you are sitting still and let them go ahead of you to get the the ticket. Also if you have ezpass put a bunch of $$$$ on it to go thru the tolls and you will save yourself some time that way plus having to stop and pay the toll where they can see into your vehicle.

When are you leaving and I live here by the south gate of leisure world as well. If you have any other questions send me a PM..

goodonya if you are able to assist.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016

I've done this trip 30+times. Go w/ option 2. Much more enjoyable drive. 20 miles further but often faster than GW and cross Bronx PKWY traffic crap shoot during daytime drive hours. Late at night, GW is faster but more stressful. YMMV

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Let say that I want to go to Mystic, CT but don't want to go through the Bronx on 95, which way?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Let say that I want to go to Mystic, CT but don't want to go through the Bronx on 95, which way?

Ok I am guessing you want to go to Mystic,CT which is outside of New London,CT.

1)run the turnpike up to Ft Lee, NJ then follow the signs to 9W which is the Pallisades Parkway to East Bound I287 and cross the Tappen Z Bridge and it will take you back to I95 northbound.
    That would be about the shortest route if you are driving a car or pickup. Campers and motorcoaches are not allowed on some parkways due to low bridge heights on some of the bridges that cross over the parkways.

2) If you took The Garden State Parkways by Perth Amboy and it does run into NJ 17/I87 up to I84 to I691 to CT 9 to I95N that would run you around 417 miles plus tolls but that way you are avoiding NYC totally and you are not in the GW Traffic over by Ft Lee as well and the mileage for that trip is if you were starting in Burtionsville.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While ever since purchasing a Dodge Cummins in rural S. Jersey , I haven't lost a darn thing in NJ , do we actually have a regular presence of NJSP here keeping our MSP friends company .

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I grew up in NJ. I didn't realize it sucks until I left after college. Property tax is extremely high. 2A respect is low in NJ. Where does the money go with all that high taxes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom