• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Done. Here is my note:
    --------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to provide the opportunity for comment. It is greatly appreciated!

I would like to state that I am very much against placing additional restrictions on law-abiding gun owners in Maryland. By definition the criminals will ignore the law, so these new proposed laws will just make it harder for the law-abiding to defend themselves and their families against predators with no regard for the law or for others.

Past gun control efforts have shown again and again that violent crime increases where guns are kept from the law abiding. The only public policy to have a positive effect on reducing the number and severity of mass shootings has been the passage of concealed carry laws in many states. Making criminals worry about getting shot has been a proven deterrent. If gun control worked, Chicago would not have had more than 500 gun related homicides last year.

Further, I have read that with one single exception, all mass public shootings since 1950 where more than three people have been killed have all taken place in gun free zones. Please do not create any more 'gun-free' killing fields for madmen. Maryland is already one of the most strict states in the Union when it comes to guns and has no need to become even more so.

I am a retired military officer living and working in Maryland. We love it where we are. I pay a LOT of taxes and I make sure that my eligible family members and I always vote in every election, no matter how minor. As much as we love living here, if the proposed current legislation on gun control is passed, I will feel forced to move me and my family to another state where the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens are not abridged in order to compensate for the crimes of the very few. Please do NOT enact legislation that 'feels good' but in the long run will actually be counterproductive to reducing gun violence.

Thank you for reading this, and again, for seeking the opinions of all of your Maryland constituents.

Very Respectfully,

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    Filled out survey.

Whats with the death penalty survey question regarding killing a teacher?

"Favor expanding the use of the death penalty to the murderers of school teachers on the job"

No offense to school teachers, but are their lives somehow more important than others? Just seem like a silly thing to ask, let alone put in legislation.

NoleAnimal

Dec 22, 2012
    Senator Miller,
    My name is ***** and I am a Sergeant in the United States Army stationed at Fort Meade, MD. I vehemently oppose SB281 on many grounds, not the least of which is that nearly every point of action in the bill has been proven by the United States Department of Justice to be completely ineffective in preventing gun violence. Supporting this bill is an untenable position both legally and logically.

It is true that I am not a constituent in the State of Maryland, however I must live here and abide by laws set forth by the State, which is the focus of my contact today. Being a soldier in the United State Army means that I must maintain proficiency in a wide-ranging set of skills. One of those is skills is proficiency with my assigned weapon. It is true that we receive a minimal amount of firearms training, however it is my (and many other soldiers) belief, that to be truly proficient with our weapons, we must seek training opportunities outside of the military. To that end, many military members own personal firearms that will be prohibited by SB281. At the very least, many military members purchase upgraded equipment with their own money to maximize their effectiveness and personal safety on the battlefield. One of those pieces of equipment that many soldiers possess are 30-round magazines that are an upgrade to those we are normally issued.

Supporting SB281 is to support endangering the lives of your constituents by curtailing their right to defend their lives and property, a right guaranteed by the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION. Additionally, another effect (albeit very likely unintentional) is to inhibit the ability of soldiers stationed in Maryland to fully pursue their training.

I implore you not to endanger the lives of all of those who must live in Maryland by exploiting SB281 for political gain. At the very least, do not hinder soldiers stationed in Maryland the opportunity to improve the skills necessary to do their jobs.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Done with comment. Thank you for posting this link! I will make sure others see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom