• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    no worries. it'll probably warm back up well before I get a chance to take any of my toys out to the range.

uncle sugar's toys, on the other hand.....we're gonna go play with some of those again real soon. :D

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I feel the best value in a 74 is the Romanian CUR2 and Romak 2 rifles. Search for one of those on the secondary market.

Ditto. Purchased this from Tennessee Guns when 74's first hit the market. It's my favorite.

Last edited:

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Is the Tantal the one where the bolt stays open after the last round in a magazine? That would be worth a lot.

It does...but just barely. The first Century Tantal that I bought...the barrel was bent to the right. Luckly...I had a chance to trade for another one at the gunshop, where I bought the first one, before my paperwork was sent in.

The Tantal's, are noted for soft barrel metal, that can wear out fast. Mine would keyhole Silver Bear ammo, but the mil-spec worked just fine. Green Mountain...was thinking about production for replacement barrels for the Tantal; but I don't know whether they have started production.

I just recently bought a Saiga AK-74, from J&G Sales, for about $800, that has a bolt hold open lever, on the right rear side of the trigger guard. It has an A2 flash hider, and it runs very fast with the Tapco trigger group. It has a longer nylon forearm. I seems to be accurate...but I have not group sized it yet.

J&G...mistakenly sent me 223 AK mags, instead of the used but dependable 5.45X39 mags. Had to wait a week for the right mags --- since the 223 mags do not fit the 5.45X39 chambered AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom