• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    They look like something Mitchell Mausers would put out. I think a few years ago James River Armory or someone was refurbing rifles like this. Some companies were even taking demilled ones and professionally restoring them (not saying that is the case here but it has happened). I personally would not spend that kind of money on what looks like a modern refurb. You can get a nice military refurb that probably hasn't been shot for that kind of money. These might be fine shooters but I would want the real thing.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    If the photos are of what rifles they have they're definitely refurbs...and not by a government arsenal. The stocks are repops...nice looking repops...much too nice for genuine wartime production. They're probably fine shooters.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The stocks remind me of the Hackberry ones the cmp was pairing with some Garands.
    Probably more than a few chi com repop parts on them
    Upper lower bands, bottom metal magazine follower/spring, swivels etc. rear sights etc.
    One could do a whole better for less than half of the asking price except maybe for a SC with a lot of matching parts and MW somewhere around a 1+ or less.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    $1299????? oh hell no

That was my thought. Especially combined with professional refurb. I would HOPE they shoot well based on that. But I've seen refurbs that have been nice jobs selling more in the $900-1100 range. This is a LOT higher than that for a refurb. If they were selling them for $1k, maybe.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I just saw my email and came to post. The price is all wrong. Every so often I see something tempting from classic, but their prices are always high. Yet they sell out every time. I would love to have their business. Cuz they must be rolling in it the way they sell out of massively overpriced crap.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wonder where these came from? I am fairly well set on 1903A3s given purchases from members here but always curious where this stuff comes from. Like the M1 carbines from Ethiopia, and whats still out there.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    How the hell do you have an MSRP on a 1903 Springfield? Is that how much Remington or Smith Corona would sell them for to the government, if they made more today?

US Model 1903 / 03A3 Springfield .30-06 Rifle, 5 Rd, Bolt Action - C&R Eligible... Manufactured by Remington and Smith Corona
    11 Reviews
    MSRP: $1,499.99 |
    Your Price: $1,299.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom