• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    One accessory a Glock .40 owner can not go without:

Bomb%2520Squad%2520002.jpg

This rare video was from the development of the Glock 22. They counted down pulled the trigger and threw the gun into the ocean, this is the result:

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Yep thats the same plug I was looking at. They hold up ok? Dont fall out? Well both be getting them.

Checking further into that site...they got a whole bunch of pink parts. Shes in heaven lol.

Yes indeed, once you snap them in they aren't going anywhere

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Messing with a Glock Trigger (Beyond changing the Connector) is bad for a defensive gun, for reliability reasons. Theres too high of a chance with light strikes with lighter springs.

In my experience Extended Mag Releases cause mags to pop out accidentally in certain holsters and carry methods. I dont like them.

Side Stops are a personal thing. I dont like them because slingshotting the slide should be the way to run a Glock IMHO.

If your planning on getting the frame and slide Duracoated, I wouldnt. Paint on plastic guns that are carried wont last, it WILL wear off and show a diferent color when the high spots wear. If its just a nightstand or range gun then paint away, but for a serious use gun the finish WILL come off, noi matter who applies it.

If you dont have one already get her a Pistol LULA Loader, you will thank me later. :)

Best accessory fo rthat gun is sights, ammo, good holster/mag carriers, and pistol classes. If you cant afford that then sights, ammo, good holster/mag carrier and a Magpul Dynamic Handgun Class

I agree 100%. The only Glocks I'd consider putting the extended slide stop on would be the .45s and 10mms, because they tend to "hide" under the slide and are almost impossible to hit when trying to drop the slide.

I slingshot on most reloads but when shooting casually I sometimes hit the slide release, which sticks out far enough on the 9mm.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    One accessory a Glock .40 owner can not go without:

Bomb%2520Squad%2520002.jpg

This rare video was from the development of the Glock 22. They counted down pulled the trigger and threw the gun into the ocean, this is the result:

You punk ass lol. Go to bed lol. I understand the jealously of you have of .40s&w being one of the most popular rounds in the world....you can admit you want one.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You punk ass lol. Go to bed lol. I understand the jealously of you have of .40s&w being one of the most popular rounds in the world....you can admit you want one.

:lol2:

I made you cuss, I win the internets tonight. ;)

I have to log off anyway. Rattlesnake46319 broke out of his cage after I mannapped him tonight. I dont know how he got out, but I have to catch him before he gets help.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Yes indeed, once you snap them in they aren't going anywhere

Sweet thats what Im looking for.

I agree 100%. The only Glocks I'd consider putting the extended slide stop on would be the .45s and 10mms, because they tend to "hide" under the slide and are almost impossible to hit when trying to drop the slide.

I slingshot on most reloads but when shooting casually I sometimes hit the slide release, which sticks out far enough on the 9mm.

Ill be leaving my g22 stock since its PERFECT as it is(clandestine lol) but she needs a few thing to make her 19 perfect for her.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    The only thing that your Glock needs is a good pair of after market sights because the stock sights suck. I'd recommend some Warren Tacticals but there are many good options.

Extended slide release is nice too but not necessary, you should be going hand on top of the slide to release it anyway. Extended mag release should really only be used on competition guns.

As far as trigger connectors and springs there is no reason not to lighten it if you want to. I put in a Ghost Tactical 3.5" and it's much better and crisper trigger.

Don't bother with the plug. It's a waste of $8 it does nothing at all. Again if you're shooting it in competition and you want to add weight sure but otherwise why bother.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    :lol2:

I made you cuss, I win the internets tonight. ;)

I have to log off anyway. Rattlesnake46319 broke out of his cage after I mannapped him tonight. I dont know how he got out, but I have to catch him before he gets help.

Nice cover up, but I know its your jealously that caused you to turn in for the night.:lol2:

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    My wife added fiber optic sights to her G19 and that's it. She very rarely uses the slide release (slingshots and fires till empty...). She went through a class though that allowed her to shoot over 4k rounds, including some high stress scenarios and stuff. Getting her in a class will definately let her learn what she likes and doesn't like.

Bingo. Spend the money on ammo and lots of practice before anything else. Any "issues" can be corrected with training, not extra junk. Just because someone makes new parts for the gun doesn't mean they actually serve a purpose.

The only thing I would change out of the box would be the sights. The stock sights are pretty much garbage. Although the factory night sights are nice, but IIRC they are Trijicons or some other aftermarket sight manufacturer and not made by Glock.

The extended slide release is an ok feature, but a proper reload should be done by slingshotting the slide. That's the only sure way to strip the first round. Not saying that the slide release doesn't work 99.9% of the time, but having the spring at full compression will ensure the slide moves forward as hard as it can to load the next round. I trained myself out of using the slide release by cycling dummy rounds through the mag (load, fire, clear, drop the mag, insert new mag, engage slide).

The extended mag release is kind of cumbersome. I have one on my G17L and while it's definitely easier to engage it's also uncomfortable. I use the thumbs forward grip and it mauls the inside of my non-dominant hand while firing. I have also snagged my shirt a few times while drawing from a holster because it sticks out pretty far. Not huge issues, but I reload similar to the fashion shown here:

With that method the weapon is canted enough to fully engage even the smallest of magazine releases.

As for the springs and lighter trigger... NOPE! The factory recoil spring is the weight it is for a reason. Lightening the spring is for competition guns running specifically reduced recoil rounds. This is so the weapon can properly cycle the lower powered rounds. Past that there is absolutely no need to reduce the recoil spring weight and doing so will adversely effect the function of the weapon with normal ammunition. As for the triggers... not really necessary. The difference between the 5.5 and 4.5# (yes, I said 4.5 more on that later) is negligible, but adding extra aftermarket crap is just asking for trouble. With enough trigger time even the 5.5# trigger should feel nice and crisp and has a very definitive breaking point and release point.

As for the 3.5/4.5 "competition trigger" from Glock. Glock used to label their lighter trigger a "3.5 pound" trigger, but have recently been advertising them as 4.5. There was no design change, the 3.5 trigger is actually closer to 4-4.5 so they changed the specification data. Having used the "3.5" and standard 5.5 many times I can say they are pretty close. The difference is noticeable, but just slightly. If you want to fact check me: http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

Notice the G34/G35 specs now say 4.5 pound triggers.

2M10

Jan 14, 2010
    It is an unbelievable gunfighting platform straight from the factory. Spend the money on ammunition and a good range where you can teach her to shoot with a flash sight picture. Being able to dump 15 rounds of .40 in the 9 ring of a B27 in 4 seconds trumps any modest improvement on the market.

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    Honestly I would touch a thing until she shoots it right out of the box.

I wanted a extended mag release when I first shot mine but after some IDPA and competitions I noticed the factory one works fine for the most part. Notice like Clandestine says the mag release actually gets hit by accident. Read around and you will see a lot od people say the factory extended one is a tad too long.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    She stoped by my job today, I put 2 rounds through it real quick. I like the trigger. I think its just enough. She hasnt shot it yet, but dry firing it feels good.

I got an idea for modding the glocks. My 22 slide, barrel and rocoil spring on her 19 frame and vice versa! Ill call it the 22-19 and 19-22...muahahaa Im a genius....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom