• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drock0601

Nov 9, 2020
    Hey there, new member here. I found out about the texas hunter course last week to obtain md hql. I got fingerprints last week and took class and got the temp license. I sent all of that over in application. Today everything completed except the training. I received an email stating that they will not accept temp licenses. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What did you do? Thanks.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hey there, new member here. I found out about the texas hunter course last week to obtain md hql. I got fingerprints last week and took class and got the temp license. I sent all of that over in application. Today everything completed except the training. I received an email stating that they will not accept temp licenses. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What did you do? Thanks.
    You mean Temporary certificate of completion? Give it a few days and your permanent cert. will be down-loadable.

drock0601

Nov 9, 2020
    Yes it's the one they email you directly after completing the course. I've been checking the website for my permanent but it still isn't coming up when I search my name yet. It's been a week since I took the course. How long does it typically take to receive?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yes it's the one they email you directly after completing the course. I've been checking the website for my permanent but it still isn't coming up when I search my name yet. It's been a week since I took the course. How long does it typically take to receive?
    I can't remember exactly. I think I checked back after a couple weeks and it was there.

drock0601

Nov 9, 2020
    Ok thank you. I guess I will just have to be patient in the mean time. I just could have swore I had founds posts on here saying people sent over their temp cert and were accepted for their hql. Thanks for your help.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ok thank you. I guess I will just have to be patient in the mean time. I just could have swore I had founds posts on here saying people sent over their temp cert and were accepted for their hql. Thanks for your help.

No problem. Maybe they stopped taking temps. The temp has the same number, does it not?

I don't wave an HQL. I refuse to jump through arbitrary hoops just to please the crown. Good luck. You'll get there eventually. :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Do you have a link to the Texas test? How did it turn out for you?
    It worked fine for me. Once completed(and you've passed the exam) you will be led to where you will download and print your temporary certificate. After a couple weeks(for me), you will be able to download and print your permanent ID card(paper).

I shrank mine down to wallet size and laminated it.

JChad12

Dec 11, 2020
    Upper Marlboro
    Thats crazy because they took my temp one. I did Pennsylvania's hunters course though. But same principle. Maybe they're cracking down on this out of state workaround and making it just a little bit more annoying

Zippy

Nov 13, 2020
    I’ve never used my md hunters license. I contacted them the other day and I got it right away. Now I’ve got to find a place to do the hql course

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom