• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I need to refinance as well. I started the process in July but a job change threw things for a loop. May have been a blessing in disguise as rates look to be even better now.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Anything for HELOC or HEL?

Got some CC debt that I swore I would never carry again that needs consolidated?

Thanks !

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    VA rates plunged to 3-3.125 in the last few days. FHA isn’t far behind and even conventional rates are back in the mid 3’s again. Of course credit scores, equity position and cash out options can tweak things, but still worth looking. I’m a fan of cutting term when it makes sense, so there’s another option.

We are seeing the purchase market pick up early as well fueled by low rates and decent weather imho. If inventory increases this could be a great year for Realestate.

Ryan
    RLowry at southerntrust dot com

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    The interest rates are just stupid good. I’m seeing folks cut term and new buyers jumping off the fence. What a crazy market!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Why, when Bonds have rallied pushing rates lower, does the Mortgage rate RISE last week?

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    There were margin calls last week. The decline in overnight rates is affecting mortgage backed securities pipelines. The brokers are expecting potential losses and calling margin which pushes retail rates up if the lender can even cover the margin. Otherwise they have to stop lending.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    So the feds go to 0%, but the banks stop offering loans?

Mortgage benefits are not gonna be there....?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So the feds go to 0%, but the banks stop offering loans?

Mortgage benefits are not gonna be there....?

The fed discount rate was at 0% from 2008 to 2015. Where were mortgage rates during that time frame?

Here is a graph to help people understand that this is not the first time the fed has been at this level. Scary part is that over 64 years, the fed has only been at zero from 2008 to 2015, and then now.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2015/fed-funds-rate-historical-chart

If mortgages were not guaranteed by the federal government, I am pretty sure that a lot of institutions would not be in a hurry to loan money out in these times.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Why, when Bonds have rallied pushing rates lower, does the Mortgage rate RISE last week?
    By no means and I "in the know" about these things, but I can just give my recent experience.

Wife called our credit union, 2.62%, 15 year fixed (dropping 2 years, 9 months of payments) and less than $5000 in closing costs. We've used this particular mortgage guy before and he's done us right. He did call us either Wednesday or Thursday (can't remember) and told us that rates actually were raised. I think my wife said it was to provide some relief for banks due to heavy refinance activity. His advice was to not panic, he anticipates the rates coming back down and possibly going a little lower when things settle down.

Again, I didn't talk to him, I'm getting info 2nd hand and I am not the finance person in my marriage! We're going to follow up with him later this week and see what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom