• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...hairman-dr-segun-eubanks-charged-with-assault

What a joke. First, giving this Slackwell $800,000 for running the system into the ground, then this assault. I don't know if the Chairman of the Board is elected or appointed, but what does this say for the ones who are supposed to be leaders?

I just retired from this disaster they call a school system. don't know if I should laugh or cry.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I am retired from PGCPS, I also attended and graduated from the system and still live in the county. I knew Kevin Maxwell when he was a principal at Northwestern, before leaving to run AA County. I also watched Mr. Burroughs join the school board as a student from Crossland High School. While I think Mr. Burroughs at age 26 has his heart in the right place, he doesn't have a clue about real world problems and what it is like to run a large public school system comprised of over 80% minorities, coming from single parent homes in high poverty neighborhoods. Add to this federal testing mandates that do not work and it becomes difficult to say the least. Look at the system's track record with superintendents and board members since Glendening left the county for Annapolis. Not much progress no matter how much money thrown at the problem. When Baker took over the system he knew the issues and went out and recruited Maxwell. Except for the pay raise claims, ALL the other problems that plagued Maxwell's term existed for years before he got there. Problems like the graduation percentages and test scores will continue to exist if only in a more clandestine manner because the real solution would lie with parents of these students taking responsibility for their children and the work habits. So the young Board member that has no clue gets to take down the evil old Maxwell. Maybe when Burroughs graduates from College with a degree in "Spanish" he can run the system...I'm sure he has all the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom